Old 05-08-2007, 04:33 PM   #41
traceleighj
Turning the Heel

Send a message via MSN to traceleighj
Hygiene Mama-

Thanks for the tip! I will have to check it out next we are up that direction! We go camping every year up that direction and I love to bring my knitting with! I am sure I can sweet talk DH into stopping...
traceleighj is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 05-10-2007, 12:56 PM   #42
Friskums

Anyone going to the Shepherd's Harvest Sheep & Wool Festival this weekend in Lake Elmo?

I'm so bummed I'm going to miss it (it'd be my first fiber festival). We're moving back up to MN just one weekend to late!
Old 05-11-2007, 12:24 AM   #43
BinkyKat
Instepping Out

Holy moley! I'll be driving past Lake Elmo as we're going to db's house near Hudson this weekend. I wonder if I'll be able to check on that.
Gosh, I always find this stuff out at the last minute...we'll have to see
Old 05-17-2007, 11:10 AM   #44
Rennagayle
Working the Gusset

MN Yarn shops??
We're planning our trip to MN in July. We'll visit my dd in Minneapolis (she's made the move there from Germany). As I stated in a previous post, we'll also be driving up to Duluth to visit a friend, and we also plan to sightsee around the state.

To those of you who know where various yarn shops are located (towns, and streets too, if you know them), would you mind posting them. I want to start my vacation itinerary. Don't you just know my dh is going to be thrilled when I inform him what much of our so-called "sightseeing" will consist of? :rofling:
Rennagayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 01:46 PM   #45
traceleighj
Turning the Heel

Send a message via MSN to traceleighj
Renna-

Where in the cities are you going to be? I can help you out with this one if you are going to be on the west side of the metro....I just don't want to send you all over the place!

Tracie
traceleighj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 04:12 PM   #46
Rennagayle
Working the Gusset

Oh, that makes sense.

Right now, my dd is staying in Bloomington, but it is fairly certain they will be in their house by the time we visit in July. The house is in Eagon. However, my dh and I are going to be pulling our 5th wheel travel trailer and staying in a campground. We don't yet know where that will be, though (better get on that).

I guess we better figure out where we'll be camping while visiting dd, and then ask this again.

I do know that when we leave from our visit with dd, we'll be driving on up to Duluth, and visiting surrounding areas, including driving up to Ely.
Old 05-21-2007, 10:44 AM   #47
Friskums

Have you looked at the map of the yarn stores in the sticky at the top of this forum? It was really handy when I needed to know what was around/on the way.

My boyfriend's parents live in Eagan. They took me to a store in Lakeville (called Knitter's Palette) and it was a nice place. I haven't been to any others in the Cities area yet. I have a tooth emergency I need to get taken care of. Then I'll be more ready for a yarn crawl.
Old 05-21-2007, 11:56 AM   #48
Rennagayle
Working the Gusset

Thanks for the tip of the store in Lakeville, Friskums, and thanks for reminding me of that map!
Old 05-27-2007, 11:33 AM   #49
Friskums

I tried to go to Yarnzilla yesterday, but they are closed for memorial day weekend.
Old 05-27-2007, 02:37 PM   #50
kaidyddd
1st Leg of the Journey

Originally Posted by Friskums View Post
I tried to go to Yarnzilla yesterday, but they are closed for memorial day weekend.
I love Yarnzilla, but I always check the website or call before I make the trip. If you are local or traveling through the Minneapolis area-- Hwy 169 or Interstate 494 it is worth the visit--small space, but for most yarns only one skein of each color is on display, so don't be fooled when you walk in and think "Oh, there's not much here." Wonderful owner and staff just waiting to be asked for their assistance. Good place to just sit and knit too.

Kaidy
kaidyddd is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kaidyddd For This Useful Post:
Rennagayle (05-27-2007)