Old 05-27-2007, 06:11 PM   #51
Rennagayle
Working the Gusset

Thanks, Kaidy!
Rennagayle is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 05-30-2007, 09:26 PM   #52
stirsmommy
Turning the Heel

New to knitting
And new to Duluth. OK I am new to anything north of the Mason-Dixon line while still in the US. I am about a five minute drive from Yarn Harbour and I think they know be by name by now and it has only been a couple of months.
I meet with some ladies from church that are knitting which is why I now knit too.
I would love to know where the yarn store in CLoquet is. I have directions for Playing with Yarn but haven't been yet. I am still trying to move in to the house.
Melissa
stirsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 10:31 PM   #53
Hygiene Mama
Knitting the Flap

If you are going to Duluth, there's a store in Cloquet (on the way to Duluth) called "Sister's Scrapbooking"...she does sell lots of yarn, esp. wool yarn. Then the only other one I can think of is called "Yarn Harbor" and it's in East Duluth (Woodland area)....

I Finally have a ravelry page:
http://www.ravelry.com/projects/SandyRDH
Hygiene Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 12:26 PM   #54
Hygiene Mama
Knitting the Flap

Originally Posted by Rennagayle View Post
Thanks, Kaidy!
Originally Posted by stirsmommy View Post
And new to Duluth. OK I am new to anything north of the Mason-Dixon line while still in the US. I am about a five minute drive from Yarn Harbour and I think they know be by name by now and it has only been a couple of months.
I meet with some ladies from church that are knitting which is why I now knit too.
I would love to know where the yarn store in CLoquet is. I have directions for Playing with Yarn but haven't been yet. I am still trying to move in to the house.
Melissa
Welcome to Duluth! The store in Cloquet is on Cloquet Ave, right in the heart of Cloquet. You take the HWY 33 exit if your are going South on 35. Go through Cloquet (about 4 stop lights) at the 4th stop light (you'll see a bridge up ahead, don't go over it, you've gone too far) Take a right. It's about 3 blocks or so down, on the right. It's called "Sisters Scrapbooking". She's got 2 rooms full of yarn, very nice yarn. I hope those directions help you, I usually don't give directions.

I Finally have a ravelry page:
http://www.ravelry.com/projects/SandyRDH
Hygiene Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 01:13 PM   #55
Friskums

Any one going to be going to the WWKIP event?

Originally Posted by stumblingoverchaos.com
To celebrate Worldwide Knit in Public Day, the Twin Cities’ Knitters (TCKnit) are going to gather (with bag lunches) at the Lake Harriet Rose Garden in Minneapolis on Saturday June 9, 2007, from 11 am - 2 pm.
I'd love to go (but I'm a little skeered to go by myself. ) so I'm trying to find someone to go with.

Even if I can't, I'm thinking about going. How much fun would that be?!
Old 06-06-2007, 01:50 PM   #56
stirsmommy
Turning the Heel

Yarn stores near the airport
I will be driving down from Duluth to take my ds (he is off to Japan) and DH (off to Houston) to the airport. Besides wanting to visit Ikea and the mall I would like to see a yarn store before I go home. I am looking for one that sells Noro perhaps. It is our first trip down there so I am completely clueless.
Thanks
Melissa
stirsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 08:17 PM   #57
kaidyddd
1st Leg of the Journey

Originally Posted by stirsmommy View Post
I will be driving down from Duluth to take my ds (he is off to Japan) and DH (off to Houston) to the airport. Besides wanting to visit Ikea and the mall I would like to see a yarn store before I go home. I am looking for one that sells Noro perhaps. It is our first trip down there so I am completely clueless.
Thanks
Melissa
What day of the week and when? I'm not as familiar with the shops in the southern part of the metro area (I'm northwest--Plymouth/Maple Grove area), especially those off of the freeway, but you could give Yarnzilla a try--it is right off Hwy. 169, north of I-494. They do have Noro yarns. Go to their website for the best directions Yarnzilla--they are in an area of offices and warehouses, but close to the highway. I am sure that there are many others to the south too---If you want to venture into St. Paul, the are several others. It would just depend how far and in what direction you want to veer off of 35E or 35W.
kaidyddd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 03:35 AM   #58
Lisa Kay
Knitting the Flap

Here are a few others in the metro area...don't know how far out of your way you want to drive...

http://www.needleworkunlimited.com/

http://www.yarnery.com/

http://www.creativefibers.com/

http://www.amazing-threads.com/home.htm

Lisa Kay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 01:14 PM   #59
Friskums

According to the yarn store map, there's a store in Virginia, but I tried to call the number and got a disconnected message. And it's not showing up at yellowpages.com.

Anyone know if that store (Name is Happy Hooker Yarn Store) is still in business?
Old 07-06-2007, 07:34 AM   #60
buddhistcats
Casting On

knitter from Minnesota
Hi, I'm from Eden Prairie just outside of Minneapolis. I started knitting when I was in grade school and have been ever since but there is still much for me to learn. I knit English style and am trying to learn Continental as everyone says it is faster. Well I've tried it a little bit and so far am not impressed. Would takes lots of practice. Anyway, "HI" MINNESOTA!!!!
buddhistcats is offline   Reply With Quote