Hooray! I fixed it!
I CUT my knitting, and kitchner fixed it!
Whew! It was actually pretty easy. I ran a lifeline through the row above and below where I was preparing to cut, and then made a tiny little snip. It was a six row cable, so I pulled the yarn apart so I had six live stitches above and below. Then I put those stitches on two double pointed needles. I took the bottom needle, and turned the cable, then I kitchnered it back together, and wove in all the ends!
You can't even see it! If I run my fingers along the general area, then I can feel it because of all the ends I had to weave in. Plus, it's a black scarf, so I doubt anyone would ever know there was ever a mistake in it. I'm so excited that I could fix this!
I'd post pictures, but I couldn't figure out how to get more than one picture into the post at a time.