Old 01-31-2007, 04:00 PM   #1
Ladybuglinda
Casting On

Licking County, Ohio anyone???
I have a feeling I'm all alone out here...
Ladybuglinda is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 02-09-2007, 12:19 AM   #2
miles
Ribbing the Cuff

hey! i'm in Muskingum county...Zanesville, to be exact. i was really hoping there'd be someone close to me that loves to knit..
miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 09:15 AM   #3
Ladybuglinda
Casting On

Hi there. I'm in Newark. My neighbor is from Zanesville. I'm trying to convince her to knit, but she's a little scared of it.

We have a nice knit shop nearby in Granville, but nothing here in Newark. Does Zanesville have shops with good supplies?
Ladybuglinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 09:26 AM   #4
miles
Ribbing the Cuff

as far as specialty shops, no...it's Walmart and JoAnn's if I want anything. Which kinda sucks because JoAnn's doesn't really have all that much --although last night I was able to find a nice Susan Bates stitch gauge/needle identifier there. they might be getting better with their selection of supplies, because it looked like they were doing a makeover of the needlearts section...keep my fingers crossed!!
I had toyed with the idea of starting my own Stitch and Bitch group here in Zville, it's just hard finding others that would want to join and then getting with them about times/places..etc. It's still a possibility...so glad you came back in to respond to me, I was thinking when I saw the date of your last post that you'd given up finding someone from this part of Ohio...lol
Old 02-10-2007, 10:24 AM   #5
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
Do you guys ever make it to Coshcoton? There is a small yarn shop there.. its called the Vac Shak...There is suppose to be a good one in Mount Vernon but I have never made it there... will have to mention it to dh this spring/summer and have him take me there... not a fan of driving here

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
dustinac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 11:13 AM   #6
miles
Ribbing the Cuff

I'm rarely in Coshocton, but if I thought there'd be a good source of knitting stuff, I'd be willing to give it a try...
Old 02-10-2007, 01:40 PM   #7
IrishKnitter
Instepping Out

I'm not from Ohio, but I did go to undergrad in Cleveland. While I was there I used to babysit for a family, and the mom was originally from Zanesville! Also, I just HAD to post because I LOVE your avatar, miles!!
IrishKnitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 01:53 PM   #8
miles
Ribbing the Cuff

ty! sunflowers are an obsession of mine...i grew some chocolate covered ones a couple of years ago and if i ever get good enough at knitting pictures into a pattern, i'm gonna do a bed cover of sunflowers..
Old 02-10-2007, 02:26 PM   #9
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
Originally Posted by miles
I'm rarely in Coshocton, but if I thought there'd be a good source of knitting stuff, I'd be willing to give it a try...
It is a small shop they carry mostly Plymouth Yarns.. have your needles and notions.. addis needles too... they also carry fabric.. they do have classes... I keep asking for a sit and knit night but so far no go they just had a super bowl sale last Sunday...

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
dustinac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 03:27 PM   #10
IrishKnitter
Instepping Out

Sunflowers are quite the obsession of mine as well...I've loved them as long as I can remember. My mother-in-law loves it...she says it makes me easy to buy for (anything sunflower related!!)

Before we were married, at my husband's first apartment in the city, there was a small backyard, so we were growing some sunflowers. They were about 3 feet tall, but hadn't bloomed yet, when the MORON LANDSCAPERS picked them out because they thought they were weeds. I was devastated.

They're definitely nice to look at in this subzero weather.
IrishKnitter is offline   Reply With Quote