Old 01-27-2007, 10:27 PM   #1
HamaLee
Working the Gusset

Send a message via AIM to HamaLee
KP Options Technical Question
I'm knitting with my brand new Options (hooray!) and my needle tip keeps unscrewing and coming loose from the cable. How exactly does that key work so that it tightens? I don't really get it...I stick it in and it doesn't seem to have a purpose...hmmmm
HamaLee is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-27-2007, 10:30 PM   #2
brendajos
Grafting the Toe

Location: Going through your stash...pay no attention over here
Send a message via Yahoo to brendajos
basically you are using for leverage in order to get it really tight. whenever i have not used the little key thing my needles have come undone. use the key and no undo-ey. (it is too a word! )

Old 01-27-2007, 10:35 PM   #3
HamaLee
Working the Gusset

I'm so disappointed!
I think there's a broken thread either on the tip or the cable...cuz I just tried to tighten the tip that keeps coming undone and it keeps going round and round and never tightens. You can feel it start to catch on something, but then it goes around again. Poo...I'll have to give customer service a call on Monday.

Other than that, I LOVE these!
Old 01-27-2007, 10:41 PM   #4
brendajos
Grafting the Toe

Location: Going through your stash...pay no attention over here
Send a message via Yahoo to brendajos
well that stinks but the good news is that everything i have seen indicates that their CS is excellent!
Old 01-28-2007, 03:32 PM   #5
JoeE
1st Leg of the Journey

I swear I'm not *trying* to hijack this topic, but I gotta say I'm getting a bit concerned when I hear how great the customer service at KP is because they stand by their products so well. My concern is that it seems like more than a few people have had problems with their needles. That makes me nervous about the actual quality of their product. While I applaud great customer service because it seems so rare these days, I'd be equally impressed with better quality control.

I have one KP tip that I'm thinking is a little wonky. Nothing that has failed yet, but it doesn't seem to "catch" the threads of the cable quite as well as the other tips in the set.
Old 01-28-2007, 05:03 PM   #6
HamaLee
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by JoeE
I swear I'm not *trying* to hijack this topic, but I gotta say I'm getting a bit concerned when I hear how great the customer service at KP is because they stand by their products so well. My concern is that it seems like more than a few people have had problems with their needles. That makes me nervous about the actual quality of their product. While I applaud great customer service because it seems so rare these days, I'd be equally impressed with better quality control.

I have one KP tip that I'm thinking is a little wonky. Nothing that has failed yet, but it doesn't seem to "catch" the threads of the cable quite as well as the other tips in the set.
I hear you Joe and agree completely...even if customer service is awesome, it's pretty darn annoying to have to be calling them all the time because stuff breaks, or isn't true to color, etc etc. And frankly, I'm a little annoyed that they can't be arsed to stamp the needle size in their tips.

But...still seems, overall, that it's the best deal in town. I'm happy with the needles aside from the one wonky tip and the size thing. I've got an order coming my way with a couple small size circs and some yarn...we'll see how I feel about the yarn when it arrives.
Old 01-28-2007, 05:17 PM   #7
SabrinaJL
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by HamaLee
I'm so disappointed!
I think there's a broken thread either on the tip or the cable...cuz I just tried to tighten the tip that keeps coming undone and it keeps going round and round and never tightens. You can feel it start to catch on something, but then it goes around again. Poo...I'll have to give customer service a call on Monday.
I had the same problem with my size 13 tips. They replaced them pretty quickly. And I agree, that they have some problems, but I think the needles are well worth it and I think they'll get it all worked out eventually.

My blog.

SabrinaJL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 06:05 PM   #8
TeeJay
Casting On

Since someone suggested it, I tried every cable and every needle tip within a week of getting them. I found one wonky needle tip (size 10) and one wonky cable end (size 24"). They consistently wouldn't screw in easily. I checked everything over and over and they were the only bad ones. The rest easily screwed in and seem very sturdy. KP is shipping the replacements. I am loving them! I have had the cables screw off a couple of times until I realized I really did need to use the key, no peoblems since, but I probably should peek at the ends every now and then.
TeeJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 07:23 PM   #9
HamaLee
Working the Gusset

Well I tested all the other tips and the 6 is the only one that gave me trouble. I just called customer service and, true to form, they were incredibly nice and shipped out a new set of 6 tips--no questions asked. As much as I would prefer there not be problems (though everything has kinks) great customer service is such a wonderful--and all too rare--thing. A lot of places would have given me the run around since I didn't have the order number--as they were a gift--or tried to otherwise back out of their responsibility.

Not with KP! Kudos to them.

--->Clever Sayings Go Here<---

Old 01-30-2007, 07:45 PM   #10
brownishcoat
Grafting the Toe

Send a message via MSN to brownishcoat Send a message via Yahoo to brownishcoat Send a message via Skype™ to brownishcoat
The minor issues I've experienced and read about don't bother me because this is an extremely new product. They are still in the "shakedown" period, and still working out the kinks.

The positive experience I've had using this product has certainly outweighed any problems. The thing that bothered me the most was the excruciatingly long shipping time to get them in the first place!

I think they are doing a great job! :D

->"You say tomato, I say pimp." --Michael Westen, Burn Notice<-
brownishcoat is offline   Reply With Quote