Old 01-31-2007, 01:37 PM   #1
cinnybuns
1st Leg of the Journey

KP Options spring release???
Is Knitpick Options coming out with a newer version in the spring?? I keep hearing rumors about a new release but i'm not sure.... can anyone verify?

I'm itching to purchase
cinnybuns is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-31-2007, 02:54 PM   #2
Emeraldcutie
Knitting the Flap

Iam waiting, cause I heard the same rumor too. Does nayone else know.
Emeraldcutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 03:43 PM   #3
suzeeq
Knit On!

Thanked 6,450 Times in 6,035 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to suzeeq
I've heard they're going to introduce some longer cables, and possibly shorter ones too. They've already announced dpns in larger sizes now, up to 11s.

sue
suzeeq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 03:50 PM   #4
janelanespaintbrush
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by suzeeq
I've heard they're going to introduce some longer cables, and possibly shorter ones too. They've already announced dpns in larger sizes now, up to 11s.

sue
Longer? Who needs longer? We want shorter ones, goshdarnit!!! Do you have an inside source?

There is no right way to knit; there is no wrong way to knit. So if anybody kindly tells you that what you are doing is "wrong," don't take umbrage; they mean well. Smile submissively, and listen, keeping your disagreement on an entirely mental level. They may be right, in this particular case, and even if not, they may drop off pieces of information which will come in very handy if you file them away carefully in your brain for future reference. ~Elizabeth Zimmerman
janelanespaintbrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 04:12 PM   #5
suzeeq
Knit On!

Thanked 6,450 Times in 6,035 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to suzeeq
Someone posted an email they received from KP over on the knittyboard. Longer ones in the small sizes for MLing socks. Maybe that's for their regular circulars....

sue
suzeeq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 04:14 PM   #6
janelanespaintbrush
Working the Gusset

Oh, longer cables for the "classic" circs. That makes sense. I could see some people preferring 40" cables for those.

There is no right way to knit; there is no wrong way to knit. So if anybody kindly tells you that what you are doing is "wrong," don't take umbrage; they mean well. Smile submissively, and listen, keeping your disagreement on an entirely mental level. They may be right, in this particular case, and even if not, they may drop off pieces of information which will come in very handy if you file them away carefully in your brain for future reference. ~Elizabeth Zimmerman
Old 01-31-2007, 04:45 PM   #7
brownishcoat
Grafting the Toe

Send a message via MSN to brownishcoat Send a message via Yahoo to brownishcoat Send a message via Skype™ to brownishcoat
Ooooh, I'd love some 40" classic circs! I can't wait!

I've been planning to try the 32" to ML socks, but I've been busy with other projects.

->"You say tomato, I say pimp." --Michael Westen, Burn Notice<-
brownishcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 04:48 PM   #8
Friskums

I did my swap socks on the 32'' classics. Two at a time, toe up.

Worked just fine, but I'd like to try the 40'' as I bet there is a little less strain.
Old 01-31-2007, 04:51 PM   #9
Silver
Instepping Out

pssst.. knitting socks on 2 circs is easier and faster. IMO

Silver's Sock Classes
Shop: On The Town Knitting Bags, hand made elegant small project bags.
My Blog, Write | KBelle on Ravelry | ComeToSilver on Plurk | Puppies, Jinx & Hex Photos & Videos
Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 04:56 PM   #10
janelanespaintbrush
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by Silver
pssst.. knitting socks on 2 circs is easier and faster. IMO
Really? I've done it both ways and don't really have a preference since they're essentially the same thing. The only difference (IMO) is that you have to pay attention to what needle to pick up if you use two circs. Well, that plus you need to own twice as many needles. To each her own, I guess.