Old 02-01-2007, 08:41 PM   #1
DotMom61
Grafting the Toe

Send a message via AIM to DotMom61 Send a message via MSN to DotMom61 Send a message via Yahoo to DotMom61
Incredible, Custom-Fit Raglan Sweater
I just started an Incredible, Custom-Fit Raglan Sweater as a "charity knit." I thought there might be others out here that would be interested in joining me either for yourself, a family member or charity.

I'm going to donate mine to Guidepost's Knit for Kids. If I have enough yarn left, I thought I'd include a hat and maybe a scarf, too.

So, join me, if you will!! I cast mine on the other night, and I'm at about the 1/2-way point to dividing for the sleeves. Oh, and I'm using the chart measurements for a 2-year-old.

Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted. | Albert Einstein
DotMom61 is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 02-01-2007, 10:17 PM   #2
Hildegard_von_Knittin
2nd Sock, I Rock

ooo i like it!
Old 02-01-2007, 11:31 PM   #3
DotMom61
Grafting the Toe

Send a message via AIM to DotMom61 Send a message via MSN to DotMom61 Send a message via Yahoo to DotMom61
Sooooo, ya' wanna knit wit' me?

Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted. | Albert Einstein
Old 02-02-2007, 12:29 AM   #4
Hildegard_von_Knittin
2nd Sock, I Rock

Right after I finish wicked!!!
Old 02-02-2007, 12:38 AM   #5
DotMom61
Grafting the Toe

Ooo ... I'll have to go look @ that one.

Old 02-02-2007, 03:58 AM   #6
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,782 Times in 7,145 Posts
I've knit 5 sweaters so far for Knit for Kids. I'll have to check out this pattern. Thanks for the link.

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 04:55 AM   #7
DotMom61
Grafting the Toe

Jan!!! Did you use the pattern they have on their web site? It looks easy, but I liked the raglan one better, I think. We'll see!!! ;-)

Old 02-02-2007, 01:41 PM   #8
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Originally Posted by DotMom61
Jan!!! Did you use the pattern they have on their web site? It looks easy, but I liked the raglan one better, I think. We'll see!!! ;-)
I used it for 3 of them and I HATE that pattern. It's a t-top pattern where you knit two identical sides and seam them. I hate seaming. I tried doing the bottom in the round and then splitting for the rest and that helped, but I still don't like the neck opening..it's just a slit. So I did the 4th with the KPS pattern I had for kids and another one from Knitting for Peace book.

One good thing about Knit for Kids is they accept acylic or any yarn where as some others like Afghans for Afghans, Children in Common and a few others only accept wool.

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Old 02-02-2007, 06:07 PM   #9
DotMom61
Grafting the Toe

Originally Posted by Jan in CA
I used it for 3 of them and I HATE that pattern.
I'm SO glad to hear you say that! I couldn't even bring myself to cast it on and give it a try. It's just ugly! :(

Your sweaters look GREAT, though! The colors look fantastic. I think I'm going to enjoy doing these, and I was happy about the acrylic, too, 'cause I have a whole container thats FULL of. Two people gave me mass quantities to use for charity knitting. I think I'll make some squares for Warm Up America, too. It seems like a great way to try out some new stitch patterns.

OK ... I need to run ... I was just ranting in my blog about how I STILL needed to go exercise today ...outta here

Old 02-02-2007, 09:57 PM   #10
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Originally Posted by DotMom61
I was happy about the acrylic, too, 'cause I have a whole container thats FULL of. Two people gave me mass quantities to use for charity knitting. I think I'll make some squares for Warm Up America, too. It seems like a great way to try out some new stitch patterns.
Was it mass quantities of RHSS? That's what was mostly donated to me and I HATE that stuff! I've used it by mixing with other yarns to attempt to make it softer, but it's awful. It's so not a pleasure to knit with! I'm slowly using it up though.

~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~