Old 06-21-2007, 11:04 PM   #81
knitwit88
1st Leg of the Journey

Send a message via Yahoo to knitwit88
I'm in Katy too

Why must these bloobies be so cute... :D
knitwit88 is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 06-22-2007, 12:57 PM   #82
Sweet_Thang
Ribbing the Cuff

Originally Posted by jjminarcik View Post
Hey Sweet_Thang -

Will you be knitting at Merribee's this Saturday? I couldn't come to the open house last night , but would love to check it out sometime and knit with you! Let me know, I'm open all day!

Also, Twisted Yarns in Old Town Spring is having their monthly sit-n-knit on Thursday from 5-8:30. I'm going to go in case anyone else is interested in going, too!
I don't think that I am going to be able to make it tomorrow. I am waiting to hear back from a contractor to come to the house to take of an issue. And the following weekend, I am outta town!!

There's always a group there on Saturday mornings; she has a sit and knit from 10:30 am to 12 noon or there after....

One of these days, I might have to check out the one at Twished Yarns.

SweetThang - pls add my as your friend!
Sweet_Thang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 02:35 AM   #83
jjminarcik
Turning the Heel

I went to the sit-n-knit at Twisted Yarns on Thursday night. I had an awesome time! The group was so nice and they made me feel very welcome even though I was the "newbie". I even went back and knitted there today and I was invited to knit with another group Saturday at The Hen House. There were also several guild members there. I'm going to check out their meeting next week and see if I'm interested in joining. So if anyone is interested in going, check with me, I'll probably be there!

OTN: Socks, socks, socks
My first sweater

jjminarcik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 02:59 PM   #84
Arielluria
Instepping Out

I haven't been to the sit n knits, but will try next month.
A righteous man has regard for the life of his animal (Proverbs 12:10)
Adopt a pet PETFINDER.COM

Free patternns on My blog or on Ravelry:
Arielluria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 09:08 PM   #85
Arielluria
Instepping Out

Tip to Houston knitters.............(this may not be news to experienced knitters, but I haven't been serious about [read that "addicted to" / carrying my knitting everywhere until about 6 mo. ago]...........DON'T leave your metal needles in the car in the sun.........you'll come back and be frustrated at not being able to get right back to it!

Old 07-07-2007, 11:00 PM   #86
G J
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,960 Times in 862 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to G J
LOL!
WELCOME TO HOUSTON KNITTING! It DOES get SO hot in cars here.
My DH's AC is out on the car he drives. He doesn't want to spend the money to get it fixed, so I refuse to ride with him. He offices at home and travels a lot, so when he gets back from trips, the car has been sitting at the airport... HOT! Comes home HOT and SWEATY. YUCK! A nice shower is the first thing I suggest!
Old 07-08-2007, 11:24 AM   #87
Arielluria
Instepping Out

And if you want to knit..........carry wooden or plastic needles in the summer!

Old 07-10-2007, 08:24 PM   #88
Arielluria
Instepping Out

JIC anyone's interested.......got this from my LYS today. The Stitch 'n Pitch sounds like fun if you have a hubby into BB:

Quote:
Happy summer everyone! What do the three things in the subject line have in common?.........Twisted Yarns of course!
The most exciting news is that the Yarn Harlot, Stephanie Pearl-McPhee is coming to Houston in September, and we are
hosting her visit! The date is Tuesday, September 18th, so mark your calendar now, it's going to be an event you won't want to miss!
More details coming soon. Watch the website, blog and the newsletter for up to the minute information!

We'll be at Stitch N' Pitch with the Astros at Minute Maid Park on August 12th! Join the Twisted Yarns gang and buy your ticket through us. Tickets are field level seats for only $18.50 and we have a block of 50, which will be first come first serve. We'll need payment by July 20th to reserve your seat, and then will call you when the tickets arrive so you can pick yours up. It's also the game where they are celebrating Biggio's 3000th hit!! It's going to be great fun, many of the yarn shops in the Houston area are participating. Let's show the Houston community how much fun knitting is.
Please join us! Don't strike out, sign up ASAP!

And finally, our annual Beat the Heat sale will be next week, Thursday, July 19th through Saturday, the 21st. As the temperature goes up, the yarn prices go down! Above 90 degrees the discount is 15%, above 95 the discount is 20%, and above 100 the discount is 25%.
We check the temp every hour on the hour. The discount applies to in stock regular priced yarn only, cannot be combined with any other discount, and there will be no pre-sale holds. Come in when you think the temp is at it's peak for the day, and enjoy the savings!

We hope you are having a fun, safe, and relaxing summer! The newsletter will be coming out soon with details about the Yarn Harlot's visit, and sign up information for our fall retreat to Fredericksburg and the Kid n' Ewe Festival in Boerne. There's a lot going on at the shop, come by and see the new yarns arriving daily from our trip to market! See you soon!
Shelley, Eve & the whole Twisted crew

Twisted Yarns
www.twistedyarnstexas.com
702 Spring Cypress Road, Suite A, Spring, TX
281-528-8664
Hours: Tuesday-Saturday 10 to 5
Join us the 3rd Thursday of the month for Sit & Knit from 5 to 8:30!

Old 07-11-2007, 02:35 AM   #89
mamapaulsel
Working the Gusset

top 10 yarn stores to visit
Hi all,
I lived in Houston 10 years ago before I was a knitter. My DH, myself and our two daughter's are going to be in Houston for Christmas! What are the top 10 yarn stores that I can shop at while down in your area? I need something to do while visiting my in-laws and while my husband goes hunting! You can post your favorites on my blog : A Day in the Life of Mamapaulsel Thanks everyone!
Old 07-11-2007, 08:36 AM   #90
Sweet_Thang
Ribbing the Cuff

Originally Posted by Arielluria View Post
JIC anyone's interested.......got this from my LYS today. The Stitch 'n Pitch sounds like fun if you have a hubby into BB:
DH isn't into BB of all things! But I am so going to see The Yarn Harlot! Got it marked on my calendar already!!

SweetThang - pls add my as your friend!
Sweet_Thang is offline   Reply With Quote