Old 02-07-2007, 11:11 AM   #31
brendajos
Grafting the Toe

Location: Going through your stash...pay no attention over here
Send a message via Yahoo to brendajos
Originally Posted by Arielluria
Originally Posted by becjo
I got mine at Hobby Lobby - not even sure of the name brand, but it did say knitting bag on it - it is AWESOME! It has a zippered front where I can hold scissors and all my little tools, tape measure - everything - Then it has little side pockets that can hold all kinds of little goodies and needles - plus it has an open pocket on the front that's perfect to hold patterns, and then the inside is roomy, has a space to place 2 pairs of straight needles and came with a yarn holder that you could use - I choose not to - but its fantastic! And with the 40% off coupon that Hobby Lobby has all the time - I think I got it for under $20.00 - It's tan and looks a lot like a computer bag or purse - I LOVE IT!
That sounds great. I go there all he time, is there a label on the bag or can you include a picture???

You would have to look to be sure but I think that HL has their knitting bags on sale for 50% off this week. Check their website. I know for sure they have the coupon for 40% but it was either this week or last that they have the bags on sale.

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 02-07-2007, 11:11 AM   #32
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
I just remebered that I also have this
one and it comes in handy too.. you can fit a lot of yarn in it.. has your side pockets for water, celle phone, and head sets... the front pocket holds tons of needles and is how I store and keep my DPNs... the pocket on the flap is very roomy and where I keep my gauge thing.. and the way it closes you can fit your keys on it and keep up with them... I use this for classes too... just depends on what you are looking for.. I don't think its an everyday bag or not for me cause it is a bit bigger than I like.. but its not as bulky as the orange one...

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
dustinac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 11:15 AM   #33
SandraEllen
Working the Gusset

I have the namaste everyday bag. love, love, love it.

I'll have to post pics of it when i get home. It was hard for me to find pics of the inside when I was searching them out...

Finished '07:
scrunchable scarf,kitty pi, ribbed hat for a newborn, garter stitch rib socks, grandma's favorite washcloths (3), monkey socks, FT clogs, Saturday Market Bag, Pomatomus
SandraEllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 11:32 AM   #34
KathyinCali
Turning the Heel

http://www.ebags.com/kipling/caronia...?modelid=19147

I love the KnitOne bag for everyday but for trips and weekends I just turned one of my Kipling Bags (messenger) into a knitting bag and it works great! So many places for do-dads.

I want a GreenMountain bag but I've yet to be able to get one already made and the web-site says the waiting list is up to ten months! I'm too much the immediate gratification type

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away".

OTN-
Blanket Sweater and Sweaters for My Li'l Lucy!
KathyinCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 12:02 PM   #35
wildforyarn
Turning the Heel

I also have a Namaste messenger bag. The peacock/blue color. I completely love it! Great for my knitting, school, etc.

I agree with what someone said, Hildie maybe, about it having a more sturdy bottom. That would be my only complaint.

wildforyarn on Ravelry

wildforyarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 12:06 PM   #36
Stiney
2nd Sock, I Rock

Send a message via AIM to Stiney
Originally Posted by brendajos
What's a "namaste messenger bag" look like? Anyone have a pic?

I will tell you the same thing I have said to other people. Don't blame me if you get hooked on the needles on this site but you should be able to see the messenger bag here.
Ooooh love the cranberry and the mauve. How much did that bad boy cost you, if you don't mind my asking?
It's a bit expensive, but they're all a little different--all the lining on the messenger bags is different. I paid $60 from Kemp's store, Diva Knitting. I also use it everyday, so I'll get my money's worth.

Am famoos!

Stiney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 12:15 PM   #37
mwedzi
Working the Gusset

i haven't found the perfect one yet. I always seem to be carrying a million things with me, so I need a bag that I don't have to hold in my hand. That is, one with a long enough strap to put over my shoulder. Also, it shouldn't look too much like a functional knitting bag. It should look like a cute purse. Also, it should have at least a few pouches where I can put money and credit cards so I don't have to carry another purse for those things. Actually, lots of pockets on the inside and a couple out would be perfect. But I haven't found this bag yet. :(

mwedzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 02:04 PM   #38
figaro
Working the Gusset

I had a picture in my mind for a long time of what my bag looked like, just a simple straw bag that would stand up on its own. And after looking all over I found it at Target a while ago on sale for maybe $12. I currently have in it 5 skeins of yarn, 6 or 7 sets of needles, 2 current projects, The Knitting Answer Book, eyeglass case and a few other little things. I love this bag, it holds everything I want and if I take it somewhere I just throw in my wallet and keys and I am off.

figaro
and also on Plurk

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

figaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 02:49 PM   #39
candicane
Working the Gusset

I am lusting after the new Tonya model from Offhand Designs.

http://www.offhanddesigns.com/

candice
candicane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 05:08 PM   #40
letah75
Working the Gusset

does anyone have the KnitPicks KIPer's bag? I want to know how they hold up, and if anyone has bought the whole set.

"Shared pain is lessened; shared joy, increased thus do we refute entropy." - Spider Robinson
letah75 is offline   Reply With Quote