I have this great poncho with a cowl neck that I've had more compliments on than anything ..... it's quite long and I am sure it's machine knit .... whenever I go to my hair salon, the receptionist says "Toby, may I TAKE your wrap" and makes like she is going to the back room or out with it .... I have been told that to make one would be very simple so I've decided to make her one ... mine is in two rectangles, seam up the sides and onto the shoulders .... there is also a seam in the cowl .... however, I found a pattern that seems rather simple if I could only understand the terminology and it's made in one piece which is all the better .......
I have some questions:
1) My poncho is made from a flecked type of yarn and the nearest I could find was Bernat Boucle which has gauge of 15 st/22 rows for 4x4" on 6 mm/10 US needles .... this Berroco poncho also calls for 6 mm needles and says gauge of 3 st = 1 in. in garter st. .... I'm assuming that the Boucle gauge is appx 4 st = 1 in.?
2) Cast on 68 st and join .... mark for beg of round and what does it mean to CARRY MARKER UP?
2) What is DECREASE 12 st EVENLY SPACED ON LAST ROUND - 56 ST?
3) What is: *K1, place marker, M1K, I understand k27 is knit 27 st, then M1k, sl marker?
4) Round 4: what does it mean "increasing 1 st each side of marked sts every other round?"
Thanks so much
Toby (the confused)