Old 02-19-2007, 11:47 AM   #11
LadyB
1st Leg of the Journey

hellokitty165, please tell me more! Would it mean buying a new iPod, or just a software update would do it? THAT'S the program I need. I'm always knitting, but for some reason it never is with my iPod on.
I'm afraid I sometimes forget I have it.
LadyB is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 02-19-2007, 12:11 PM   #12
hellokitty165
Turning the Heel

Send a message via Yahoo to hellokitty165
Originally Posted by LadyB
hellokitty165, please tell me more! Would it mean buying a new iPod, or just a software update would do it? THAT'S the program I need. I'm always knitting, but for some reason it never is with my iPod on.
I'm afraid I sometimes forget I have it.
the lady who store her knitting pattern as PDF files on Ipod...here is her website http://www.pixiepurls.com/archives/2..._store_kn.html that she talk abt it .. u can send email to her and ask her for more detail

hope this helps !
Old 02-19-2007, 12:24 PM   #13
LadyB
1st Leg of the Journey

Thanks!
LadyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 11:24 PM   #14
annomalley
Knitting the Flap

Originally Posted by cawthraven

I purchased MAYBE 100 of those songs on iTunes, the rest are from CDs and um. Yes. Other places.

So iPods don't limit you for music--only DVDs.

Anyway. I've never used the photo/video capabilities on my iPod. I don't like the tiny screen. I've been thinking about downloading games for it, though.

I looooove my iPod (it's my second), I couldn't live without it.
I didn't know that. A friend of mine bought an iPod and she wishes she bought something else because she says she can only get music from iTunes. Maybe she doesn't know that she can do this.
annomalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 10:25 AM   #15
Stiney
2nd Sock, I Rock

Send a message via AIM to Stiney
iTunes is compatible with most music formats (unlike certain Windows-based music players/programs.) If she has the songs on her computer, she can add them to iTunes and put them on her iPod. I think that iTunes doesn't play songs formatted for Windows Media Player, so if her songs are in Windows Media Player format, she needs to convert them (she can probably find a free program online somewhere to do this.)

And she can rip songs directly from CD's she owns into iTunes.

Am famoos!

Stiney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 11:34 AM   #16
SandraEllen
Working the Gusset

I think that iTunes doesn't play songs formatted for Windows Media Player, so if her songs are in Windows Media Player format, she needs to convert them (she can probably find a free program online somewhere to do this.)

I just recently got an iPod and had some windows media songs. When I tried to import them into iTunes, iTunes converted them for me. It just too F O R E V E R to do it.

Finished '07:
scrunchable scarf,kitty pi, ribbed hat for a newborn, garter stitch rib socks, grandma's favorite washcloths (3), monkey socks, FT clogs, Saturday Market Bag, Pomatomus
SandraEllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 11:45 AM   #17
auburnchick
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 2,085 Times in 1,688 Posts
iTunes is compatible with most music formats (unlike certain Windows-based music players/programs.) If she has the songs on her computer, she can add them to iTunes and put them on her iPod. I think that iTunes doesn't play songs formatted for Windows Media Player, so if her songs are in Windows Media Player format, she needs to convert them (she can probably find a free program online somewhere to do this.)

Actually, I'm pretty sure you can use the songs in Windows Media Player.

Try burning the songs to a CD and then ripping them (which seems redundant) again.

If you can rip songs from a CD and put them on your iPod, then it's basically the same principle.

I can't remember exactly how to do this, but I do know that I've helped my nephew do this before. We used to have songs in Napster that we converted over to the iPod.

Writing, to me, is simply thinking through my fingers. -- Isaac Asimov
auburnchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 01:16 PM   #18
Stiney
2nd Sock, I Rock

Originally Posted by auburnchick

Actually, I'm pretty sure you can use the songs in Windows Media Player.
But they won't play on the iPod.

Originally Posted by Apple.com
Audio formats supported: AAC (16 to 320 Kbps), Protected AAC (from iTunes Store), MP3 (16 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3 and 4), Apple Lossless, AIFF and WAV
You need to conver them, first. After reading sandra_ellen's post, I checked the website..iTunes 4.5 and up automatically converts WMA (Windows Media Player format) files to your default import format.

Am famoos!

Old 02-20-2007, 02:10 PM   #19
auburnchick
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 2,085 Times in 1,688 Posts
Quote:
You need to conver them, first. After reading sandra_ellen's post, I checked the website..iTunes 4.5 and up automatically converts WMA (Windows Media Player format) files to your default import format.
Very interesting. I never converted. Again, I can't remember how we did it, but it worked. I figured out a way around Apple's restrictions. (Or should I saw Windows Media's restrictions).

Microsoft is notorious for making their software incompatible with other companies such as Apple. But, if you're geeky enough, you can figure out ways around the problems.

Thanks for the info, though! Dd has an iPod, so it may just come in handy if my little "tricks" stop working.

Writing, to me, is simply thinking through my fingers. -- Isaac Asimov
auburnchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 02:29 PM   #20
Stiney
2nd Sock, I Rock

It may have automatically converted the files when you added them to your Library, and then copied them to the iTunes Library folder (which I believe is under My Documents>My Music>iTunes, if I recall correctly from my Windows-using days.)

If all else fails, buring songs to CD and importing then again never fails to work, as long as you don't burn them as data discs.

Am famoos!