Well here she finally is!
As I mentioned over in the Gen forum, I'm disappointed with the blocking process. Also it's a bummer that the bag didn't keep its funky shape. But I've finally lined the bag--which was a bear! my sewing skills are...um....well, I don't have any
--and attached a button and button-loop.
Maybe if I get better with sewing and lining things I'll redo it and add pockets for my wallet, phone, etc. Oh yes, I also tried to put in a bag bottom with some interfacing. It was a total PITA and I ended up not liking it, so I ripped it out. I'm finding the bag to hold its shape fine as is...
I ended up finding some canvas handles and attached them, but I'm not happy with them. I think they're too long...so I'll keep on the lookout for an appropriate handle. In the meantime, I have a date tonight and this baby is coming with me!
The handle will really bother me because I like things "just so"...but I'm pleased overall. I'm pretty sure this is the first thing I've actually knit for myself (aside from a scarf set that I dont' wear)!