Old 02-19-2007, 05:43 PM   #1
pro55timing
Casting On

Knitting material used for kitchen scrubbie?
My mother used to make some kitchen scrubbers using a nylon-type netting material. My mother has passed on and I recently took up knitting and would like to make some of these scrubbers because they're absolutely the best srubbers ever made. I only have one left and I've looked everywhere for this nylon-type netting material she used. Has anyone ever made such an item and where did you get your supply for this item? (This could possibly be a crocheted project, as well, since she knitted and crocheted.)
pro55timing is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 02-19-2007, 09:23 PM   #2
ekgheiy
Instepping Out

Send a message via ICQ to ekgheiy Send a message via AIM to ekgheiy Send a message via MSN to ekgheiy Send a message via Yahoo to ekgheiy
Hm - I can't quite picture it, but maybe US Netting can help. Have you done a google search by chance? That's how I found US Netting. I also found this. Hope that gives you some leads.

ekgheiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 11:20 PM   #3
tilllie
Knitting the Flap

thanks for asking and answering about nylon netting. I have been looking for it for a loooong time! Seems I frequently find ways to spend money when I am "lurking" on this site!!!!tillie
tilllie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 12:21 AM   #4
knitasha
Turning the Heel

I remember seeing handmade nylon net scrubbers and bath poufs when I was a kid. They weren't knitted, though. You took a length of nylon netting and ran a gathering thread through one long edge. Then you pulled up the gathering tightly so the netting around on each other and sewed a few stitches to hold the bottom together. One of the newspaper advice columnists -- maybe it was Heloise -- was very big on them. The netting probably came from fabric stores; those were the days of puffy tulle prom dresses and crinoline petticoats.
knitasha is offline   Reply With Quote