Old 02-22-2007, 06:00 PM   #1
Loolee
Ribbing the Cuff

Can you fix a yarn over mistake?
These are some pictures of my WIP. I need to know if 1. It will look bad if I don't frog it and 2. Can it be fixed without Frogging?

This is what it is supposed to look like:

This is what one of them looks like:

This is being worked from the top down and will be a summer sweater. So this part you're seeing will be around the neck and shoulders.
Loolee is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 02-22-2007, 06:15 PM   #2
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,645 Times in 7,047 Posts
I don't think you can fix a YO because it's not like a wrong stitch..it is extra yarn with nowhere to go. You could just do a little tuck later with some yarn if it won't show, but..probably better to frog it and call it a lesson learned.

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 06:48 PM   #3
Ingrid
Mod Squad

Thanked 2,224 Times in 1,828 Posts
If you discover a yo error on the next row, it's not too hard to fix. One too many yo's and you can drop it off the needle. One too few and you can pick up the bar between the stitches and call it a yo.

I don't think I'd attempt it that far down, either.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Hop aboard while we follow the cloud-covered van of knitting harmony, man!! Woooo!! --Hedgehog

IngridKH on Ravelry
Ingrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 04:58 PM   #4
wholycow
Ribbing the Cuff

re doing a yo
[color="Red"][/COLORI noticed a mistake,and ripped back to undo the mistake,however one of the stitches was a yarn over. How do I put the yo back on the needles? I've asked several knitters much more takented,and experienced than me,but no results. Thanks alot. ]
wholycow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 05:01 PM   #5
wholycow
Ribbing the Cuff

How to puta yo back on the needles
Originally Posted by wholycow View Post
[color="Red"][/COLORI noticed a mistake,and ripped back to undo the mistake,however one of the stitches was a yarn over. How do I put the yo back on the needles? I've asked several knitters much more talented,and experienced than me,but without suggestions or results. Thanks alot. ]
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old 02-15-2011, 10:02 PM   #6
MerigoldinWA
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 1,834 Times in 1,737 Posts
Was the yo done on a knit row? So what do you have now? Have you ripped out and have a row of knit loops and the yarn over loop/strand just hanging in space? When you run the needle back through the stitch loops and then come to the yo strand run your needle under it so that the strand goes back over the needle like it was originally.

To learn how--

Make a tiny sample over 5 stitches. Work a couple of rows of St st and then do a yo in the middle. Stop at the end of the row after you make the yo. Notice how the yarn over sits on the needle. Now take the needle out of the stitch loops, then run it back through so that the yo is back like it was. If you need to, make two samples one with the yarn over done correctly, then another you can take off the needles and then get it to look like the other one. Practice until you understand it well, then do that on your project.

If it is is not St st do a sample like the case you have.
Old 02-16-2011, 05:30 PM   #7
wholycow
Ribbing the Cuff

Originally Posted by MerigoldinWA View Post
Was the yo done on a knit row? So what do you have now? Have you ripped out and have a row of knit loops and the yarn over loop/strand just hanging in space? When you run the needle back through the stitch loops and then come to the yo strand run your needle under it so that the strand goes back over the needle like it was originally.

To learn how--

Make a tiny sample over 5 stitches. Work a couple of rows of St st and then do a yo in the middle. Stop at the end of the row after you make the yo. Notice how the yarn over sits on the needle. Now take the needle out of the stitch loops, then run it back through so that the yo is back like it was. If you need to, make two samples one with the yarn over done correctly, then another you can take off the needles and then get it to look like the other one. Practice until you understand it well, then do that on your project.

If it is is not St st do a sample like the case you have.
Yes, it was a row of k then yo k yo then k again to the end w/a yo at the ends.
I think I have your words pictured in my head to put the yo's back on correctly. (I think)..it seems to be so simple. Thank you for the fine explaination,sorta newbie knitters like myself really appreciate it.