Old 02-25-2007, 01:17 PM   #11
candy
Turning the Heel

cast off curl
I was just thinking, before I bind off my buttonband, which side should I bind off on? I am doing seed stitch and suppose to do 7 rows then bind off but if I bind off on the wrong side does the bind off edge curl towards the inside of the sweater or the outside of the sweater. If it curls towards the outside of the sweater should I bind off on the right side instead?
candy is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 02-25-2007, 02:17 PM   #12
candy
Turning the Heel

neck not same as collar?
Sorry to be such a pain in the you know what but I have more questions.
I made the buttonhole, knit one row more so now I am on the wrong side. Now I am suppose to bind off the back of the neck and collar. So that must mean that the neck and collar is narrower than the buttonband but in the picture it shows the buttonband as one band the same size all the way up.

After binding off these stitches do I just K2tog the first two stitches on the front band? Or because I am in seed stitch should I P2tog if that is the what the next stitch should be?

Wouldn't it look better as one continous band not binded off at the neck and collar? What I mean is knitting the 3 rows then binding off all stitches? I am new so I can't figure out why they are doing it that way. I am thinking there is a reason maybe you know that I don't .

Here are the instrucitons.

Knit 1 row seed st more, then bind off sts around back of the neck and along the collar in seed st.
Continue with 3 rows seed st along button bands K 2 tog the 2 sts at the top of button bands every row so that there will be a smooth transition from neckband. After these 3 rows bind off the remaining sts in seed st.
Old 02-25-2007, 03:25 PM   #13
candy
Turning the Heel

buttonband
Sorry, I just answered as of my questions.
Old 02-25-2007, 07:28 PM   #14
candy
Turning the Heel

buttonband
Am I pathetic or what? I spent the whole day on my buttonband because I kept putting the holes in the wrong place. Then where the transition from the collar to the front band was suppose to be smooth, it wasn't. I keep taking it apart, so now the buttonholes are in the right spot and the transition is in the right spot but I am not happy with the bind off where the transition is. Is there something I can do with the last bind off stitch to make it blend better?
Old 02-25-2007, 11:20 PM   #15
candy
Turning the Heel

wavy band
One more problem. I picked up 3 sts for every 4 rows on the front buttonband of the sweater but where I had to pick up the stitches from the holder that had the lace pattern on, I just picked those stitches up as they lay. The buttonband lays flat where I did 3 to 4 but where I picked up from the holder is wavy. Should I have K3, K2tog? on the lace pattern? Would that make the lace pattern look funny?