Old 02-26-2007, 07:22 PM   #1
PocketfullofTulips
Casting On

Send a message via AIM to PocketfullofTulips
Can i VENT???
ok.. i'm going to anyway... ok ... i'm in the 8th grade and well.... i hate my science teacher.. he's a guy amd soooooooooooooooooooo mean! ok today in class.. i was looking @ the anwsers on overhead.. and chewing on my cheek... he think i'm chewing gum!!!!! he gives me a 2-day lunch detention... i am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooo mad!!!!!!.. i hate it ... i don't understand.. i developed it when i had my braces and haven't kicked it .. i hate it... my friend scared me when she said ur getting a detention... i of course think on the bad side thouht it was a REAL detention.. instead of a lunch.. which isn't AS severe.. thank god.. just 9 weeks and a month to go .. i'm not in the mood to do the matth.. can u tell i'm lazy..............................................

i can't help but venting .. thnanks!

my fav quote!
A ture friend knows the song in your heart and will sing it back to you when you forget it.

OTN:
dishcloths!
puppy's ball

PocketfullofTulips is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 02-26-2007, 07:29 PM   #2
Birdy
1st Leg of the Journey

I think you could use a cyberhug!

You have to laugh that it comes from me, because I'm a Home schooling mother who tutors high-school Grade 11 and 12 math students in my spare hours for money.

Hopefully that gave you a little

As for what to do... I guess there isn't a lot to do but pull out the knitting and vent away. Just try not to pull those stitches too tight as you are mentally giving your teacher the what for!
Old 02-26-2007, 07:30 PM   #3
aylaanne
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to aylaanne Send a message via MSN to aylaanne Send a message via Yahoo to aylaanne
I'm just going to come right out and say that I dug up my 7th grade yearbook yesterday, and I barely remember any of it. I have my high school yearbooks too, and I barely remember any of that, too. I'm 26.

Take comfort in knowing that you'll be an adult for a lot longer than you'll be a teenager, and what happens then will matter much more than what happens now. I have an unfortunate habit of chewing my tongue (it's genetic, my mother and sister do it too) and I've caught more than a bit of flak from teachers who thought I had gum. I don't understand the no gum rule, anyways. I can understand the no gum on furniture rule, but... well whatever.

Can you knit in detention? I wish I had known how to knit when I was in jr high. As for dealing with annoying teachers, suck it up and know that you'll forget their names by the time you get to college.

Good luck!

In the queue:
Jack Skellington baby afghan
Finished: Warm Up America Square, Basketweave Baby Blanket (now to ship it), Massachusetts Dishcloth for the Yarn Harlot, Homeless Hat
, water bottle cozy

aylaanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 08:06 PM   #4
Nikki
Knitting the Flap

Sorry about the jerk teacher. We've all had them. Hard to remember they are just people and can have a bad day and take it out on an innocent-just like the rest of us can and do.

My youngest son had a teacher in HS that he just could not abide. We came up with a plan and it worked great. Do every piece of work that teacher gives you to the best of your ability. Try for straight As in that class. Be active in class, ask questions, discuss the answer. When you've taken all that teacher has to offer, ask for more. Ask questions that send the teacher looking for answers. By the end of the quarter my son and the teacher were buddies and my son learned lots. More importantly, my son was happier going to school every morning.

Nikki
Nikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 08:12 PM   #5
BinkyKat
Instepping Out

Ok, I may be 37, but since I don't have kids yet... I totally feel like I just got out of highschool some days. Your situation reminds me about how I got detention for something I didnt' do. And the "teacher" homeroom monitor that gave it to me was the guy I grew up with down the street that was my brother's age. He was a recent college grad in coaching and his dad was our principle and a very good friend, like an uncle. Well, I think the "power" went to his head. I was a 10th grader at the time and I had asked if I could go to the bathroom. When I went back to the auditorium where our study hall was, he was standing outside seemingly waiting for me and because I came from a different direction that what the nearest bathroom was, he thought I had gone to the school store to goof around in the Commons (the name of the lunchroom area where the Jr's and Sr's got to hang out for study hall, relatively unmonitored. He didn't believe me when I told him I had gone to the other girls room, so I just had to deal with detention. That was the ONLY time I ever got it before or after so I would think my "good record" would have counted for something. My one consolation is that the detention teacher and the kids there, although slight troublemakerish reputations, all were nice to me and the teacher actually thought it totally bogus that I had to be there. I coulda been a brat and gone to the principle (his dad...but I didn't want to be that way) as all the other kids never talked to the principle unless the world was coming to an end. I had known the man since I was a toddler so he never seemed like a bad guy in my eyes.
Then, once in college, I was crammed in a huge biology class and made the mistake of tilting my head or moving my eyes in such a way that made the professor holler out, "You, (pointing at me), eyes on your own paper!!" I was so embarrassed and shocked I could barely finish. I was super scared but had to defend myself so I schlepped to his office to say I was sorry, that I didn't cheat and never had and I meant no harm. He was still a little gruff, but I think the fact that I went to his office immediately after class to say something to him helped me. I still shudder at that incident!
So, in a huge nutshell, it does suck when stuff like that happens and you get dinged for something harmless that wasn't what it seemed. You'd think he'd give you a 1 time warning. Things are getting so a kid can't be a kid anymore...hang in there, we're here for you, and we all understand!!!
Old 02-26-2007, 08:26 PM   #6
MrsDavis3
Knitting the Flap

Sometimes it seems there's nothing worse than getting in trouble for something you didn't do. These days I look like the most boring middle-aged mommy...no one would guess the "trouble" I've been in! I had a friend in high school who used to say, "You're only in trouble if YOU think you are." Ha!

One thing I still get mad about is what happened to me, as a brand new freshman in college, when I innocently walked downtown from campus with a couple of dorm-mates. I felt so tired, I was exhausted from running around campus that day trying to get all my papers and classes in order. We didn't have phones! I actually had to go to a gas station and wait in line at a pay phone behind about 20 others, in 90 degree heat, to call my high school to get information so I could register. Anyway, I was exhausted, so I sort of halfway sat on and halfway leaned up against a brickwall. All of a sudden, a cop riding by in a squad car starts screaming at me like I'm the scum of the earth. His face was all red and ugly and I can't even tell you what he was saying, something about dragging me to jail if I didn't keep moving. I was so shocked. I was just a tired little freshman on one of the most stressful days of my life. What a jerk!

"One can never have enough socks."
A. Dumbledore, Book One, Chapter 12
MrsDavis3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 08:29 PM   #7
hob
Knitting the Flap

school sucks but still go to uin coz that rocks, my teacher once hit me (big bad man what he was) and i was hit for not paying attension he said' i thoght u move' what i wasnt paying attension!
hob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 08:52 PM   #8
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,729 Times in 7,102 Posts
Originally Posted by hob
school sucks but still go to uin coz that rocks, my teacher once hit me (big bad man what he was) and i was hit for not paying attension he said' i thoght u move' what i wasnt paying attension!
What?

Sorry about your bad day! It's too bad you couldn't prove you didn't do it.

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 08:56 PM   #9
psammeadred
Working the Gusset

Some things to keep in mind:

Teachers are WAY underpaid and overworked. They get kids in their classes who can't read and are promoted anyways, kids who make it their goal to disrupt the class, and some kids who just don't care and don't do any work, and they just have to adapt. I have three teachers in my family, and believe me when I say that they're working their tails off every day.

(Oh, and if you have science questions, PM me and I'll see if I can assist you. I have a degree in Biology and would love to help if I can.)

psammeadred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 08:58 PM   #10
carmabelle1191
Turning the Heel

I know what you mean. I'm in seventh grade as well, and I can't wait until I'm out of COLLEGE and free to do what I want. That'll be a while. But I understand what you're going through. You'll make it, just like I will!

My Knitter's Geek Code:
KCR+ Exp+ SPM+(+) Addi+@ KPO++ !Pl Bam-( ) Cas> Syn- Cot++@ Wool(+) Hemp>? Stash++(+) Scale++ Fin+? Ent> FI>? Tex>? Lace>? Felt-? Flat(+) Circ+ ML+ DPN- - Swatch(+) KIP+ Blog EZ(?) FO+ WIP(-) GaugeW (DK) F> S> Sp>?
carmabelle1191 is offline   Reply With Quote