Old 03-05-2007, 09:39 PM   #11
Silver
Instepping Out

Soon... very soon!

Silver's Sock Classes
Shop: On The Town Knitting Bags, hand made elegant small project bags.
My Blog, Write | KBelle on Ravelry | ComeToSilver on Plurk | Puppies, Jinx & Hex Photos & Videos
Silver is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 03-05-2007, 10:00 PM   #12
five_six
Turning the Heel

If you need someone to proofread still, I'm willing. I only do toe up magic loop socks, so maybe I can help...

If a little dreaming is dangerous, then the cure is not to dream less, but to dream more... to dream all the time! - Proust

currently recruiting for the war i am waging on time, there will be many casualties, but we will be victorious
five_six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 10:02 PM   #13
DreamWeaver
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to DreamWeaver
*exited squee* I can't wait

We all are in awe of your awsomeness, Silver

FO's: Just finished both of my pink socks. Nothing fancy, but alright.
WIP: Nothing. It's so depressing
Up Next: Purse for my friend (still need to get yarn)
DreamWeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 12:00 PM   #14
1to1
Turning the Heel

I am anxiously waiting .

I'm one of those that said, "I'll never make socks." My 11yoDD made a pair and had fun with it so I'd like to give it a try once you get your tutorial finished.

Thanks for everything that you are putting into this.
1to1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 12:13 PM   #15
Chel
Turning the Heel

Silver,

Thanks so much for your tutorials. You are sooo loved and appreciated for the time and energy you put into this.

Think about it... knitting makes people happy... knitting socks gives a sense of accomplishment and fulfillment, receiving knitted socks from a loved one makes you feel all warm and smooshy inside... its a ripple effect. Your sock tutorials make the world a better place.

Now, having said all that, before the tutorial is released, could you please tell me the size needles your tutorial requires so I can go get them now. I want to start the moment the instructions are released, so I need to be prepared. I can not wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OTN: Jaywalkers (hibernating), Webs Scarf
KnitInNature
Chel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 12:28 PM   #16
Silver
Instepping Out

Originally Posted by Chel
Think about it... knitting makes people happy... knitting socks gives a sense of accomplishment and fulfillment, receiving knitted socks from a loved one makes you feel all warm and smooshy inside... its a ripple effect. Your sock tutorials make the world a better place.
Well that's just the greatest compliment I've heard about my sock tutorials! I'm making the world a better place, one sock at a time!

For those of you who just can't wait, here's the intro info including the supplies list. I think this is going online later today, so you better go get your needles now! LOL

Originally Posted by Silver's Two Toe-Up Socks Tutorial on one Circular Needle
This tutorial is for the knitter who has sucessfully knit at least one pair of socks before, and has a fair bit of prior knitting experience. If you've never knit a sock before, I HIGHLY recommend you go back and choose an easier tutorial. Knitting two socks at one time can quickly become messy if you're not calm and patient and have a bit of understanding with the yarn. You will be working with two balls of yarn at one time, and they WILL tangle around each other if you do not stay on top of it. If you are prone to giving up in a fit of frustration, or due to anxiety attacks, perhaps you should consider knitting socks one at a time. If you're still here.... proceed at your own risk, and good luck!

Because this tutorial is somewhat challenging, I will be working with only one type of yarn, worsted weight. After you successfully knit a pair of socks in worsted weight, you will be able to apply this 2-socks-at-once technique to almost any toe-up sock pattern.

*** PLEASE take a moment to visit KnittingHelp.com and watch Amy's video on knitting on a magic loop. Watching this video is invaluable in helping you understand how to maneuver your needles during this tutorial.
The video is found here: http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting...ed_techniques/
(It is the 4th video listed called "Magic Loop Knitting")

Supplies Needed

Worsted weight yarn - approx 225 - 350 yards in 2 separate balls
Amount of yarn needed depends on how long you want the leg portion.
For this tutorial, I knit pair of over-the-calf socks for my husband's size 10.5 feet with 330 yards (3 balls of Knit Picks' Swish Superwash in Navy)

A Size 5 or 6 circular needle, at least 40 inches long
The longer the needle, the better. Also, a thin, supple cable is very, very important. I recommend Knit Picks Options or Addi Turbos. Using a different brand of needle may result in more challenges!! I used Knit Picks Options size 5 needles on the 47" cable.

You will also need
one split ring stitch marker, saftey pin or scrap of yarn
a tapestry or yarn needle
a ruler or measuring tape
and lots and lots of PATIENCE

Silver's Sock Classes
Shop: On The Town Knitting Bags, hand made elegant small project bags.
My Blog, Write | KBelle on Ravelry | ComeToSilver on Plurk | Puppies, Jinx & Hex Photos & Videos
Silver is offline   Reply With Quote