Old 03-08-2007, 05:45 PM   #1
humblestumble
Working the Gusset

Send a message via AIM to humblestumble Send a message via Yahoo to humblestumble
UGH! Nursery Knits by Zoe Mellor errata/corrections?
I am so frustrated! As I am sure many knitters are with Zoe Mellor. Her patterns are so adorable, but she's impossible to locate. And by that, I mean her pattern corrections. I've read many places that there HAVE to be corrections and are, but they are very hard to get ahold of. So here I am, asking any of you... Does anyone here have Nursery Knits by Zoe Mellor? And have you got corrections for it? I've found corrections posted on a blog for another one of her books, but I don't own that one. And I don't know how to contact her publishing company, or the place that sold the publishing company the patterns.

PLEASE HELP!

I read that the patterns originate in the UK, so unless the phone number is 1-800 number, I cannot call over there.

I already ripped my entire project from this book.

http://www.amsfineart.com

humblestumble is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 03-08-2007, 06:01 PM   #2
shellebelle216
1st Leg of the Journey

I can't help, but I understand your frustration. I can't find any corrections for 200 Ripple Stitch Patterns and it is full of mistakes.
shellebelle216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 06:08 PM   #3
shellebelle216
1st Leg of the Journey

I found this
http://debscorneroftheworld.blogspot...rrections.html

Maybe the lady can help you contact the author.
shellebelle216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 01:53 AM   #4
humblestumble
Working the Gusset

Send a message via AIM to humblestumble Send a message via Yahoo to humblestumble
Thanks, I contacted her. If anyone else knows anything, please let me know! :D

Old 03-15-2007, 12:57 AM   #5
humblestumble
Working the Gusset

I finally contacted the publisher and got the errata, for those of you looking for it, i posted it in the patterns section http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting...ic.php?t=28553

The Following User Says Thank You to humblestumble For This Useful Post:
fingersfancy (06-15-2007)
Old 03-15-2007, 01:19 AM   #6
five_six
Turning the Heel

OMG... I just looked at the errata's cause I have that book - there is an awful lot for the outdoor snuggle... It makes me wonder how I actually managed to knit this , but I am printing out the errata's and adding them into my book for future reference.

Thanks

If a little dreaming is dangerous, then the cure is not to dream less, but to dream more... to dream all the time! - Proust

currently recruiting for the war i am waging on time, there will be many casualties, but we will be victorious
five_six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 01:22 AM   #7
humblestumble
Working the Gusset

Did you knit the snuggle!? If you did, can you PLEASE tell me what gauge you have for the main area of the snuggle? That's all I need to be sure it will fit a newborn. I've heard that a lot of people had made the snuggle with success, but the publisher and I came to the conclusion that it's mostly the needle size given for the gauge that's wrong.

Old 03-15-2007, 01:23 AM   #8
five_six
Turning the Heel

well i didn't use the recommended yarn though... and I have a terrible feeling that I finally pulled out my swatch a couple of weeks ago (and by swatch i mean, one whole front side - I was gonna make two at first), but then, I might not. I'll have to have a look through some stuff to see for ya.

If a little dreaming is dangerous, then the cure is not to dream less, but to dream more... to dream all the time! - Proust

currently recruiting for the war i am waging on time, there will be many casualties, but we will be victorious
Old 03-15-2007, 01:25 AM   #9
humblestumble
Working the Gusset

You could just meausure the stitches per inch on the actual garment if you still have it. Thanks so much for even looking I started on mine today, but I just want to be sure it will fit. I am making it for my hope chest.

Old 03-15-2007, 01:32 AM   #10
five_six
Turning the Heel

just measured (over here we do the 10cm thing, so it's 20sts to 10cm), nearenough to 5 stitches per inch, which is a little different to the snuggle guage they used, but mine turned out ok ... even with all the errata's. I do remember there were a few scratching head moments, but I guess I just soldiered on, somehow