Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2007, 07:53 PM   #1
candy
Turning the Heel
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 539
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
baby sweater band
Hi, I am making a baby layette set and I have finished the back and am now starting the front. The back rib was P1, K1 first row. second row K1, P1, for 9 rows. So now I am doing the front but I am wondering about the rib.
Row 1(wrong side) P1, K1 across
row 2 K2, (P1, K1) across
row 3-9 repeat rows 1 and 2, 3 times, then repeat row 1 once more.

Since row 2 is K2 then rib when I am on the wrong side am I suppose to P2 then the P1, K1? Or just start P1, K1 across and dont bother with the K2?
Also, its been years since I made a bobble so I just want to make sure.
bobble-(K,P,K) all in next st, turn, K3, turn, K3 slip second and third sts fron right needle over first st.

When I turn and K3, turn K3 the working yarn is on the left needle so I just ignore this and K3 anyway right?

And lastly, when it says slip second and third sts do they mean second and third from the point? And do I slip one at a time or both together?
candy is offline   Reply With Quote

 

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 03-15-2007, 01:39 PM   #2
CarmenIbanez
Grafting the Toe
 
CarmenIbanez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Southern California Desert
Posts: 5,994
Thanks: 16
Thanked 62 Times in 57 Posts
Re: baby sweater band
Originally Posted by candy
Hi, I am making a baby layette set and I have finished the back and am now starting the front. The back rib was P1, K1 first row. second row K1, P1, for 9 rows. So now I am doing the front but I am wondering about the rib.
Row 1(wrong side) P1, K1 across
row 2 K2, (P1, K1) across
row 3-9 repeat rows 1 and 2, 3 times, then repeat row 1 once more.

Since row 2 is K2 then rib when I am on the wrong side am I suppose to P2 then the P1, K1? Or just start P1, K1 across and dont bother with the K2?
It could be the extra stitch is an edge stitch for seaming. As long as the purls and knits line up to make the rib, I would trust the pattern.

Originally Posted by candy
Also, its been years since I made a bobble so I just want to make sure.
bobble-(K,P,K) all in next st, turn, K3, turn, K3 slip second and third sts fron right needle over first st.

When I turn and K3, turn K3 the working yarn is on the left needle so I just ignore this and K3 anyway right?
Yes, that is my understanding.

Originally Posted by candy
And lastly, when it says slip second and third sts do they mean second and third from the point? And do I slip one at a time or both together?
If it does not specify which way to slip, then I would slip them purl wise, and one at a time.
CarmenIbanez is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
baby raglan sweater-button hole band fullhouse451 How-to Questions 1 07-10-2010 04:34 PM
Crochet Band on Knitted sweater MaryJB How-to Questions 3 12-18-2009 04:49 PM
neck band on sweater Darby How-to Questions 3 01-13-2009 10:55 PM
band on a sweater judierae General Knitting 4 04-22-2007 10:42 PM
Buttonhole Band for Baby Sweater PinkRoses How-to Questions 4 06-21-2006 10:54 AM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:05 AM.