Old 03-10-2007, 07:53 PM   #1
candy
Turning the Heel

baby sweater band
Hi, I am making a baby layette set and I have finished the back and am now starting the front. The back rib was P1, K1 first row. second row K1, P1, for 9 rows. So now I am doing the front but I am wondering about the rib.
Row 1(wrong side) P1, K1 across
row 2 K2, (P1, K1) across
row 3-9 repeat rows 1 and 2, 3 times, then repeat row 1 once more.

Since row 2 is K2 then rib when I am on the wrong side am I suppose to P2 then the P1, K1? Or just start P1, K1 across and dont bother with the K2?
Also, its been years since I made a bobble so I just want to make sure.
bobble-(K,P,K) all in next st, turn, K3, turn, K3 slip second and third sts fron right needle over first st.

When I turn and K3, turn K3 the working yarn is on the left needle so I just ignore this and K3 anyway right?

And lastly, when it says slip second and third sts do they mean second and third from the point? And do I slip one at a time or both together?
candy is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 03-15-2007, 01:39 PM   #2
CarmenIbanez
Grafting the Toe

Re: baby sweater band
Originally Posted by candy
Hi, I am making a baby layette set and I have finished the back and am now starting the front. The back rib was P1, K1 first row. second row K1, P1, for 9 rows. So now I am doing the front but I am wondering about the rib.
Row 1(wrong side) P1, K1 across
row 2 K2, (P1, K1) across
row 3-9 repeat rows 1 and 2, 3 times, then repeat row 1 once more.

Since row 2 is K2 then rib when I am on the wrong side am I suppose to P2 then the P1, K1? Or just start P1, K1 across and dont bother with the K2?
It could be the extra stitch is an edge stitch for seaming. As long as the purls and knits line up to make the rib, I would trust the pattern.

Also, its been years since I made a bobble so I just want to make sure.
bobble-(K,P,K) all in next st, turn, K3, turn, K3 slip second and third sts fron right needle over first st.

When I turn and K3, turn K3 the working yarn is on the left needle so I just ignore this and K3 anyway right?
Yes, that is my understanding.

And lastly, when it says slip second and third sts do they mean second and third from the point? And do I slip one at a time or both together?
If it does not specify which way to slip, then I would slip them purl wise, and one at a time.
CarmenIbanez is offline   Reply With Quote