Old 03-22-2007, 10:13 PM   #21
boyforpele13
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to boyforpele13 Send a message via MSN to boyforpele13 Send a message via Yahoo to boyforpele13
I'm nervous now, placed an order yesterday afternoon, got the confirmation e-mail, but they have yet to charge my credit card... I don't want to pester them yet though.

Share Your Life With a Deaf Dog!

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. - Marianne Williamson
boyforpele13 is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 03-22-2007, 11:27 PM   #22
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
Originally Posted by boyforpele13
I'm nervous now, placed an order yesterday afternoon, got the confirmation e-mail, but they have yet to charge my credit card... I don't want to pester them yet though.
When I order from them I will usually get a confirmation and then when they ship I get another e-mail and that is when Ive been charged...

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
dustinac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 11:33 PM   #23
janelanespaintbrush
Working the Gusset

Re: Think twice before ordering from LittleKnits
Originally Posted by zkimom
Just wanted to vent a bit cause I am so steamed that it has taken so long to get my yarn from LittleKnits. I ordered the stuff on the 2nd of March and I just got a notice that due to a train delay my package is still somewhere in Massachusetts and probably won't get here until Monday.
So I don't quite understand... exactly when did LK ship the package and who notified you of the delay? I can see why you'd be mad at the store if they took a long time to fulfill an order for an in-stock item, but a "train delay" sounds like something out of their control. Was it that they took a long time to ship, and to make matters worse, a train delay that happened to occur while the package was en route exacerbated your frustration even though it wasn't technically their fault?

There is no right way to knit; there is no wrong way to knit. So if anybody kindly tells you that what you are doing is "wrong," don't take umbrage; they mean well. Smile submissively, and listen, keeping your disagreement on an entirely mental level. They may be right, in this particular case, and even if not, they may drop off pieces of information which will come in very handy if you file them away carefully in your brain for future reference. ~Elizabeth Zimmerman
janelanespaintbrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 01:41 PM   #24
knitasha
Turning the Heel

Please give them a break.

If they shipped in a timely fashion (and that seems to be their habit), it's not fair to blame them for a transportation glitch that is out of their control. At least they tracked down the problem and informed you about it. This sounds like a responsible company. You'll get your yarn and you'll enjoy it all the more for having waited.

Sorry, but put in perspective (global warming, massacres in Darfur), does a two-week wait for yarn really warrant so much angst?
knitasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 02:40 PM   #25
RiverDaughter
1st Leg of the Journey

I never blame anything that's delayed when shipped by train, mainly because I always get to be a delayed package myself when I travel by train.

But, with the weather the way it has been, a delay is to be expected. Just be glad that it's your yarn that was delayed, and not food. The town I live in had a huge problem with getting food shipped in during the Denver blizzards, and most everyone was down to top ramen and soda. Thankfully, because of winter break, the town was at half population, so no one starved.

I do hope my yarn order from LittleKnits comes soon, but I just ordered na hour ago, so I'll give them two weeks, just in case.

GENERATION 5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and increment the generation by 1. Consider it a social experiment.
RiverDaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 03:19 PM   #26
want2knit
Knitting the Flap

Well, I was going to say it's not their fault there was a train delay. I ordered from them once and had no problems whatsoever, and with the prices of their yarns, I would be willing to wait up to 2 wks to get my order. They also have great customer service IMO. Sorry you have to wait for your stuff, things happen.
Completed since June '06: The Amanda Hat, Urchin hat, Seaman's cap, Socks - Monkey (one done),Socks - Pretty Petals,Socks - modified version of Int'l Rib of Doom,Keyhole scarf,Socks for Sockintine Swap,Tychus - miserable failure,My So Called Scarf,Fetching,one sock from Silver's tutorial
I am want2knit on RAVELRY
want2knit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 03:27 PM   #27
humblestumble
Working the Gusset

Send a message via AIM to humblestumble Send a message via Yahoo to humblestumble
It's probably something to do with the weather or unexpected conditions. Chill... It'll get to you It probably has nothing to do with Little Knits, but moreso the delivery process.

http://www.amsfineart.com

humblestumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 03:34 PM   #28
1knittychick
Knitting the Flap

What a bummer for you? I've only ordered yarn, etc. from Patternworks and was pleased with their service. However, OT, I have a problem with Lillian Vernon. Ordered my niece a birthday present on 3/2 (party on 3/18). As of today, still have not received my order. Called them after our mail run this afternoon, told them to cancel, give me my money back and that I would probably not be ordering from them.
1knittychick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 04:38 PM   #29
zkimom
Working the Gusset

Re: Think twice before ordering from LittleKnits
Originally Posted by janelanespaintbrush
So I don't quite understand... exactly when did LK ship the package and who notified you of the delay? I can see why you'd be mad at the store if they took a long time to fulfill an order for an in-stock item, but a "train delay" sounds like something out of their control. Was it that they took a long time to ship, and to make matters worse, a train delay that happened to occur while the package was en route exacerbated your frustration even though it wasn't technically their fault?
It took a week from the time that I ordered the yarn to the time it was shipped.

I do understand that the train delay was out of their hands, however, it was made all the more frustrating because it was a Friday and I (sniff) had to wait til Monday

I did get an email from Sue and she apologized that it took so long but she said they had just hired 4 new employees and so things were slower than normal getting sent out.

Of course it isn't the end of the world that I had to wait for my yarn and I did order more yarn and plan to continue to order from LittleKnits -- their selection is great and their prices are just as lovely.

However, when one is addicted and hasn't had a fix for awhile, one tends to get testy.

Hope I didn't offend anyone with my original rant.

Best,
Susan

Check out my photoblog: Photobella

Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it.
--Elwood P. Dodd
zkimom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 04:52 PM   #30
zkimom
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by knitasha
Sorry, but put in perspective (global warming, massacres in Darfur), does a two-week wait for yarn really warrant so much angst?
Of course, in perspective, there are bigger problems than having to wait for yarn.

But this is a knitting forum where seriously yarn addicted people post about things like heavy mmmalabrigo petting, the need to touch other people's sweaters, and whether or not you lie to your partner about how much money you spend on your yarn habit.

So, I think a little angst over a delayed fix of some color luscious Noro Kureyon in a forum like this is totally appropriate.

Every once and a while, I like to not focus on the larger problems in the world, be a bit selfish, and complain when my yarn doesn't arrive on time. I know I'll get a hug from someone and feel a little better. Then I can go back to worrying about global warming, world hunger and genocide around the world and hopefully by then, to relieve the stress of focusing on all those issues and wondering just what kind of a world there is to leave to my kids, I'll be knitting.
xxx

Check out my photoblog: Photobella

Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it.
--Elwood P. Dodd
zkimom is offline   Reply With Quote