Old 03-19-2007, 07:43 AM   #1
kblue
Knitting the Flap

Location: In No Where Land with Maggie and the Ferocious Beast
YARN SWAP ~ Yarn Goodies pg. 28 UPDATE: Swap Stats pg. 55
**********CLOSED**********

Hello Everyone I am officially starting the Secret Knitter Yarn Swap! First let me just say that I’m very excited to be a part of this and I hope this will be an enjoyable experience for everyone.

The LAST day to sign up has changed and will be TOMORROW Monday, March 25, 2007. HOPEFULLY I will be able to send you all your pals by the end of the week if not I will let you all know. Everyone should receive their swap names on the same day.

Like before, there will be 4 price groups ($5, $10, $15, $20-50). This will be the price group you will be giving to and receiving from. You will be placed in the group of your preference and you should buy up to the amount you have chosen or as close as possible. This price is ONLY for the yarn you are giving. If you want to send other little goodies that will be optional and at a separate cost to you.

There will be only 1 swap. It would be appreciated if everyone could mail out their goodies by Tuesday, May 1, 2007. You can totally send it sooner than that if you choose to do so. We just don't want anyone waiting for long periods of time for thier packages from their Secret Knitters. If you are shipping internationally don't forget to take into consideration the time it will take to ship.

This is not required but if you would like to contact the person you are giving to, I ask that you set up an “anonymous” email account for any questions, discussions, etc. Secret Knitters, remember when emailing the person you are giving to DO NOT include your primary email address or your KnittingHelp screen name. You should only know the KH screen name of the person you are giving to and not the person you are receiving from. A suggestion, when signing up for an email account, for your first name type SECRET and for your last name type KNITTER to avoid giving away who you are when emailing. Sometimes when emailing someone it will show your first and last name next to your email address in the From Box.

If, for whatever reason, you cannot continue with the swap PLEASE EMAIL ME AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, so that I can pair the person you received with a back up Secret Knitter. Please type “Cannot Continue” in the subject line. No explanation or apologies are necessary, the subject line will be enough, we all know and understand that life can come at us unexpectedly.

Since we are only doing 1 swap don’t forget to REVEAL yourselves to the person you are giving to in the packages you are sending. Remember to include you KH screen name, your real name, address, and primary email. It will be left up to you to thank your Secret Knitter however you please, whether it be knitting something for them with the yarn you received, thank you card/email, cookies (yum), etc.

Please, if there are any negative concerns or problems bring it to my attention and DO NOT post it on KnittingHelp.com’s forum. KH is not responsible for the Secret Knitter Yarn Swap or any of the problems that may occur.

If there are any problems with your questionnaire I will contact you on your preferred form of contact.

YOU CAN ALL CONTACT ME AT: kblueknitter at yahoo dot com
Please copy and paste the questionnaire below into an e-mail (this can be your primary email) and send it to kblueknitter at yahoo dot com

PLEASE do not forget to include your KH Screen name so your Secret Knitter will know who they are giving to.

QUESTIONNAIRE
1. Your name (KH Screen name, first name, last name):

2. Your mailing address:

3. Your primary e-mail address:

4. If there are any problems with your questionnaire how would you like me (kblue) to contact you? (Primary email or KnittingHelp PM)

5. Price category $5, $10, $15, $20-50:

6. Your preference on possibly SENDING to someone in another country?
(Don’t Mind Sending or Prefer Not To)

7. Is your home smoke &/o pet-free?
(all yarn being given should be kept oderless and kept away for any kind of pets for allergy reasons)

8. Do you have any allergies to pets &/o smoke?

9. Are you allergic or adverse to any types of yarns?

10. Fiber preference?

11. Color preference?

12. Other interest?

13. Would you be willing to be a Back Up Secret Knitter for someone who is unable to send to their assigned Pal? (you would then have 2 people to give to)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 03-19-2007, 08:38 AM   #2
Lieke
Working the Gusset

I just signed up

Lieke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 08:58 AM   #3
nonny2t
Instepping Out

Thanks for all your work ahead of time, Kblue!!
nonny2t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 09:06 AM   #4
kblue
Knitting the Flap

Location: In No Where Land with Maggie and the Ferocious Beast
nobody thank me just yet there is still lots of time for possible problems
Hopefully everything will go smoothly...i really do like doing this kind of stuff.
Old 03-19-2007, 09:08 AM   #5
marykz
Working the Gusset

silly question
Once everything is settled, and I have the name/ preferences etc...
should I mail the package as soon as it is ready? or wait for May 1?

other silly question (can you tell I work with lawyers?) The YARN should total my selected amount, and any extra goodies are on top of the yarn amount. right?

thanks, mkz

marykz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 09:59 AM   #6
Compulsive
1st Leg of the Journey

I signed up! I can't wait since this gives me a reason to buy without guilt.
Knitting in the round*Garter Stitch short rows without wrapping *Eve's Rib * even ribbing * seaming ridges evenly * Annie Monesett's favorite increase**Magic Loop*5 cast-on methods* 4 decrease methods
Want to Knit List:

Cleo (rip out and finish), Lippitt , Perephone, Tempest, Chinese tapestry slipstitch hat, Entrelac anything
Fair Isle something, Top down sweater
Compulsive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 10:03 AM   #7
Ginger0104
Ribbing the Cuff

I'm in! This sounds like a lot of fun
FO - Bob
Ginger0104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 10:04 AM   #8
DQ
Working the Gusset

Re: silly question
Originally Posted by marykz

other silly question (can you tell I work with lawyers?) The YARN should total my selected amount, and any extra goodies are on top of the yarn amount. right?

thanks, mkz
I was wondering that too
Old 03-19-2007, 10:22 AM   #9
kristinw
Turning the Heel

Re: silly question
Originally Posted by marykz
Once everything is settled, and I have the name/ preferences etc...
should I mail the package as soon as it is ready? or wait for May 1?

thanks, mkz
I'm not in charge but I was in the last swap. You should wait until May 1st to mail.

Also, you should spend the allotted amount on yarn. Anything else you choose to do (which is totally optional) would be above and beyond (including shipping).

My knitting blog: The Knit of It

I'm kristin on
kristinw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 10:42 AM   #10
Chel
Turning the Heel

Is it safe to assume the $20+ is the $20-$30 range? That + sign leaves a whole lotta room.

OTN: Jaywalkers (hibernating), Webs Scarf
KnitInNature
Chel is offline   Reply With Quote