Old 03-19-2007, 09:03 AM   #1
itsjustmeghan
Knitting the Flap

Sweet Summer Caplet Knit Along
okay, so i want to keep knitting. and i thought, what better thing to knit then an adorable Caplet to wear during the spring and those cool summer nights?
then i found this pattern.
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=62184.0
absolutely perfect!

anyone care to join? seems like it's pretty simple, and fairly flexible. there are all kinds of variations out there.
i think i need to knit one in black and one in cream....and maybe one in a country blue.....and maybe one in green.....
so many caplets. so little time!

anyone care to join me?

itsjustmeghan on Ravelry
Stitch It!! Podcast
itsjustmeghan is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 03-19-2007, 09:41 AM   #2
ReneeKnits
Knitting the Flap

I'm in! I printed the pattern out a few weeks ago but have not had the motivation to start. Now I've got it.

What are the variations you have seen out there. My little brain just isn't very creative these days so I need help.

Thanks for starting this one and I'll try to do a gauge swatch tonight.

Renee
ReneeKnits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 12:37 PM   #3
itsjustmeghan
Knitting the Flap

i'm finishing up my Wicked today, and i'm hoping to knit up my swatch for this one tonight. i found some burgundy worsted that i had lying around. a little lighter weight, so it'll be good for spring. i thought this would be a perfect thing for my first one just to see how big i want it etc. then i can buy more yarn in more colors!
i'm gonna have a whole closet full of these things! hahaha

there is also one that is like the Pinwheel sweater only sleeveless by the same person...i might make that one next.

itsjustmeghan on Ravelry
Stitch It!! Podcast
Old 03-21-2007, 11:35 PM   #4
ReneeKnits
Knitting the Flap

Do you have a link to the pinwheel sleeveless one?

I started the capelet for my DD - she's 12 and thought it was just the cutest thing ever. I am holding 3 strands together to get the gauge. One is a cotton and silk blend and the other 2 strands are this lightweight mulberry silk boucle. I kbought all the yarns over 8 years ago on eBay, they were dirt cheap so I could not resist but I've been hanging on to them just waiting for the right project - and now I've got it!

As soon as I can I'll get a photo up so you can see the progress. I'm gonna make one for myself after this one is finished. Tis is such a great summer project and they work up so fast!
Old 03-22-2007, 07:08 AM   #5
itsjustmeghan
Knitting the Flap

sorry, i can't get to blogs at work, so i had to wait until i was home to post. here it is
http://peonyknits.blogspot.com/2005/...ay-for-fo.html
it's a PDF file i believe. looks likeit's a pretty simple knit with some seaming after.
i'm finishing up my wicked today at lunch. got it castoff and just need to stitch the pocket into place. then, i'm going to start this....
dejavu!

can't wait to see pictures!

itsjustmeghan on Ravelry
Stitch It!! Podcast
Old 03-22-2007, 08:40 PM   #6
itsjustmeghan
Knitting the Flap

okay, wait. HERE is the link to the pattern.
http://www.geocities.com/julsey723/circular_shrug.pdf

it looks almost too simple. but OH SO cute!
i can't decide which i'm going to start first! i think the shrug....and then this one...hehehe...

itsjustmeghan on Ravelry
Stitch It!! Podcast
Old 03-23-2007, 02:30 PM   #7
ReneeKnits
Knitting the Flap

I finished the summer capelet on the plane to FL yesterday! Just in time too - she put it on with her tank as soon as we got here because the restaurant was a little over air conditioned.

We brought the digital camera so I'll take a photo and get DH to put it up for me (I'm rather computer/electronics challenged!)

Thanks so much for the lik to the circular vest - it is a great item for summer or would be a cute layering piece for cooler weather.

How did your Wicked turn out? I'm still working on mine but started a pair of socks as soon as we got here since I can drag that around in my purse. I'm still pluggin away at Wicked though, I'm just past the waist shaping so not too much more to do.
Old 03-23-2007, 02:48 PM   #8
bobi1218
1st Leg of the Journey

Send a message via Yahoo to bobi1218
I ordered yarn for a capelet this morning. Because I need another project! But it was too cute to pass up.

bobi1218 on Ravelry
bobi1218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 05:26 PM   #9
suzeeq
Knit On!

Thanked 6,450 Times in 6,035 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to suzeeq
I found another shrug/bolero pattern at Garnstudio. It's a little bit like the circular shrug that meghan linked to except no sewing up the sides. No sewing at all if you pick up stitches for the sleeves and make them in the round.

sue
suzeeq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 07:10 PM   #10
marykz
Working the Gusset

are you making the circular shrug by Julsey or the capelet by Julsey? The original post had the capelet thread from Craftster, but someone lower has posted the pattern for the circular shrug. They aren't exactly the same.... the capelet is a top down raglan.

just checking.....

I've made 4 of the capelets- they are SO fun and so adaptable to almost any heavy/ bulky yarn. 2 for me, 2 for my daughter, (oh yeah and 1 for her doll)

have fun!

marykz is offline   Reply With Quote