Old 03-26-2007, 02:45 PM   #1
kashadilla
1st Leg of the Journey

Navajo on spindle?
Has anyone ever tried this? Or is it not even worth trying because it would never work? I have a dilemma...I just absolutely cannot make usable singles, and though I could probably spring for a wheel, we live in a TIIINY apartment and I would have no where to put it. I want to ply my yarn to even it out a bit, but it seems such a pain to spin two balls, then ply them together.
kashadilla is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 03-26-2007, 09:32 PM   #2
Julie
Instepping Out

It's actually not much of a pain to spin two spindles full and ply them together ...you just put the yarn on tp rolls, punch some holes in a box (or use a basket) and put skewers through -- voila! instant lazy kate!

Here's a picture of what I'm talking about: Lazy Zib (scroll down)

I've done a fair amount of navajo plying with my spindles, and after the first time (which was very frustrating and I swore I'd never do it again ) it wasn't as cumbersome at all. The thing about navajo plying is, you lose 2/3 of your yardage (vs. half when you do a 2-ply). It looks so fabulous though!
Old 03-28-2007, 10:28 AM   #3
kemp
Grafting the Toe

Send a message via ICQ to kemp Send a message via AIM to kemp Send a message via Yahoo to kemp
I just ran across this link while looking for info on navajo plying myself. Instructions on doing it with a spindle:
http://www.graftonfibers.com/instructions.htm
kemp is offline   Reply With Quote