Old 04-09-2007, 11:49 AM   #1
want2knit
Knitting the Flap

Heel flap ? on slipping stitches
When doing the heel flap with these instructions,

Row 1 Sl1, K to end
Row 2 Sl1, P to end

I slipped purlwise on both. On one side I ended up with nice V's to pick up, but on the other side it just didn't look right. Should I have slipped Knitwise on that first row? I always thought when slipping the stitches you slipped purlwise?
Completed since June '06: The Amanda Hat, Urchin hat, Seaman's cap, Socks - Monkey (one done),Socks - Pretty Petals,Socks - modified version of Int'l Rib of Doom,Keyhole scarf,Socks for Sockintine Swap,Tychus - miserable failure,My So Called Scarf,Fetching,one sock from Silver's tutorial
I am want2knit on RAVELRY
want2knit is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 04-09-2007, 11:51 AM   #2
Braden
Instepping Out

Yes, you slip as if to knit or as if to purl, like, if you're starting a right side row, you slip the first knitwise. If you're starting a wrong side row, you slip purlwise.

CONGRATULATIONS TO AMY AND SHELDON ON THE BIRTH OF THEIR DAUGHTER!

BradenCS on Ravelry
Braden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 11:54 AM   #3
want2knit
Knitting the Flap

Ok, thanks. I'll try to remember that for the next pair. I guess I got confused because with Silver's sock tutorial she says to slip purlwise on her heel flap which is done a little differently.
Completed since June '06: The Amanda Hat, Urchin hat, Seaman's cap, Socks - Monkey (one done),Socks - Pretty Petals,Socks - modified version of Int'l Rib of Doom,Keyhole scarf,Socks for Sockintine Swap,Tychus - miserable failure,My So Called Scarf,Fetching,one sock from Silver's tutorial
I am want2knit on RAVELRY
want2knit is offline   Reply With Quote