Old 04-14-2007, 05:48 PM   #1
carmenq
Casting On

How to go about knitting this?
I have made many different phone cases for my friends, but one of them has a bit of a different spin to it. I'm not too sure how to go about knitting it.

First, cast on 16 sts and knit in stockinette for 6 rows. After that I want to create a large hole for her screen so she can see right through it. I want to knit 5 sts then start binding off 6 sts and then knit 5 more. I'm not sure if that will work very well though. then i need to continue knitting the two 5 sts pieces at the side until i have 16 rows, then use a cable cast on the finish off the square piece.

After that I will repeat for the keypad area.

My questions are:

Will it work if I bind off in the middle of my work?
How do I keep both the 5 sts pieces going at the same time, I don't want them attatched.
Willa cable cast on work for what I am trying to do?

Any help would be appreciated, I have posted a small picture to help.

carmenq is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 04-14-2007, 05:56 PM   #2
cam90066
Working the Gusset

Sounds like you have the basic concept down. Just as you would BO for back neck edge on sweater, and work both shoulders simultaneously, you'll BO for the window portion, attach another skein/ball and then work both sides to the desired length. (You could do one side, then the other, but doing them tog ensure they're the same length.) Then do the 6 cable CO sts (or one add'l st which you can work tog with the first st on the other side to make the join more stable) and proceed from there.

If your 'windows' end up a bit too loose, you can reinforce them after the fact by crocheting around with small hook.

HTH,

cam
Old 04-14-2007, 06:04 PM   #3
CarmenIbanez
Grafting the Toe

Your pattern will work perfectly. It is almost exactly what I did for my hubby's iPod case.
CarmenIbanez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 07:52 PM   #4
carmenq
Casting On

Thanks so much for the help! Especially for the quick replies, if I have any further questions, I'll know where to go!

Thanks again!

Carmen
carmenq is offline   Reply With Quote