Old 04-14-2007, 03:30 AM   #1
AnnaT
Knitting the Flap

Booga Bag: skein vs. ball? and other questions!
Hi,

After obsessing over where to order the supplies for the Booga Bag, I finally found a store that has everything I need.

However, before I order, I wanted to ask some questions:

1. This store says that their Kureyon yarn is in 50-gram, 100 meter "balls". The Booga Bag pattern calls for 3 "skeins", with no mention of measurements. Is this the same thing? 300 meters of yarn doesn't seem like enough.

2. I wanted to use Wendy's (Wendyknits) adjustments for a larger Booga Bag. How many "balls" should I order?

3. I like the colors of Kureyon #154. Has anyone used this color? How does it look in person?

Thank you all for your help. I am a self-taught knitter (from the videos here!) and don't really speak much Greek, at least not for an in-depth knitting conversation, plus the ladies at my LYS don't speak English, so...thank God for Knittinghelp!!!

--Anna
AnnaT is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 04-14-2007, 07:12 AM   #2
Angelia

People use the terms skeins and balls almost interchangeably, so a 100m skein/ball is the same thing.

If you look at the dimensions of the original booga, it is rather small; 300 yards is surprisingly enough.

I can't answer the other two questions, though. I searched Wendy's blog for info on her larger booga, but can't find it; and I know very little about Noro colorways. Sorry I can't be of more help!
Old 04-14-2007, 08:12 AM   #3
AnnaT
Knitting the Flap

Originally Posted by Angelia
People use the terms skeins and balls almost interchangeably, so a 100m skein/ball is the same thing.

If you look at the dimensions of the original booga, it is rather small; 300 yards is surprisingly enough.
Thank you for the reply. Okay, got it. It's good to know for future reference!!

Originally Posted by Angelia
I can't answer the other two questions, though. I searched Wendy's blog for info on her larger booga, but can't find it; and I know very little about Noro colorways. Sorry I can't be of more help!
I should have included her adjustments. You can read it here (it's from Nov. 19, 2003): http://wendyknits.net/archives/000313.html#000313

And you know what? When I looked it up--there it was! She used 6 skeins of yarn.

Thanks!
Anna
AnnaT is offline   Reply With Quote