Old 04-15-2007, 04:35 PM   #1
vaknitter
Working the Gusset

OT : not flying with Delta again !!
I was flying home from Atlanta to VA on a direct flight last night. We were scheduled to leave at 8:26...we finally left the airport at 11:30pm. Could have been a weather delay or a plane issue, but NO Delta couldn't find us a flight crew !!! Then to add insult to injury they must have left our luggage sitting outside for that 3 hours b/c my bag is soaked and the dye from the suitcase bled into my clothes, ruining among other things a sweater that my grandmother knit for me I have been scrubbing at my shirts and pants all morning. I think I have recovered everything except a couple of shirts and the sweater. To claim the damage I have to go back to the airport and deal with Delta.

Seriously how do these people stay in business !!!

Thank you for letting me rant -
vaknitter is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 04-15-2007, 04:54 PM   #2
NakedPancakes
1st Leg of the Journey

Send a message via AIM to NakedPancakes Send a message via MSN to NakedPancakes
Wow. I am sorry. That really sucks.
NakedPancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 06:39 PM   #3
Dilly
2nd Sock, I Rock

I got stuck in Boston for two days right before Christmas. There were no weather delays or mechanical issues. To this day, I'm not sure why I was held up for 2 days.

I wrote Delta to complain, and they gave me a voucher for $150. I booked a ticket using that voucher yesterday, and I actually had to drive to the airport to book it because you can't use them online or even call in your booking. Once I got to the airport, the ticketing agent had no idea what he was doing and he had to call in my reservation. It took half an hour to get my ticket booked!

Once that flight is over, I'll never be flying with Delta again. The only unfortunate thing is that I live in a small Canadian city, and we only have Delta and Air Canada that fly out of my city.

Dilly -- Queen Snow-Geek the Pickle, Defender of Pigs
Originally Posted by AnreeAce
I'm a very busy person. Would I take the time out of my schedule to make your life miserable if I didn't care?
Dilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 06:44 PM   #4
stitchwitch
Working the Gusset

Better than my story....I was flying through DFW to Salt Lake City to Kalispell Montana via Delta. Got held up at DFW for 3 hrs while they repaired a "landing gear sensor" because it kept saying the landing gear was faulty. Upon takeoff (I was sitting over the landing gear) a horrendous boom was heard. I flew from DFW to SLC thinking this is not good. We flew around SLC burning off fuel and finally started to land, we were met with fire trucks all out on the runway. Thankfully, we landed safely albeit a little rough. Seems the sensor wasn't broken, the tires were ready to blow and did upon takeoff. I could have handled soggy luggage, a layover, etc. The adrenalin jolt I got I could have done without.
Old 04-15-2007, 10:15 PM   #5
bailsmom
Turning the Heel

Oh my. I am so glad I don't fly much.
Old 04-15-2007, 10:47 PM   #6
Susan P.
Working the Gusset

Well, from Australia two stories this week. I can't think of the airline carriers name off hand (NOT Qantas) but they left passengers stranded in Hawaii for 3 days because the plane that should have been sent to pick them up had a fault and there was no other plane available.

Mind you, I want to KNOW a plane is safe so I'd prefer to wait BUT not so easy for people with tight schedules.

And then P&O cruises overbooked 65! passengers. So, 65 turned up and were booted off. They have been given their money back, a week's free cruise to use within the next 12 months and $500 to spend on that cruise but as some people said, in individual circumstances that didn't help when they had made significant arrangements to take holidays with others etc. And also the offer depended on people having a week available in the next year. If a couple are both working it's not always easy to synchronise your times.
Susan P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 10:50 PM   #7
Susan P.
Working the Gusset

It was Jetstar. Just remembered. I've seen that 'Airport' show from the UK and there Easyjet sounds a bit of a nightmare.
Old 04-16-2007, 02:06 AM   #8
redwitch
Working the Gusset

Oh my God. 'Hmmm, the warning light says there's a problem with the landing gear. Obviously the sensor's broken. Somebody fix it?'
That's genuinely terrifying.
What is with this overbooking thing? Remember the Seinfeld episode where Jerry reserves a rental car and they give it away? Apparently airlines do that. WTF? That's like taking money for something you sold on eBay/Trademe and then saying 'oh, the item? No, I gave/sold it to someone else this morning. SOL.'
Sarah
redwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 04:31 AM   #9
Susan P.
Working the Gusset

Yes, the overbooking thing gets to me too and double booking at doctor's! My local surgery does it as a way of life. If I have an appointment at 2 I don't get in til 3.30 and it's always the same because they double book two of the four appointments in an hour so if people go overtime you wind up waiting for ever. I'm so tired of that happening I now ring and ask whether the doctor is running to time or not. My time is as good as theirs. I don't mind waiting 20min if someone has needed longer time but not an extra 90min as a matter of course! And now, craziness, if they're having a busy week you are not allowed to make an appointment the day before. They tell you to ring at 8.30 the next morning and try to get in then.
Old 04-16-2007, 06:30 AM   #10
DQ
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by Susan P.
It was Jetstar. Just remembered. I've seen that 'Airport' show from the UK and there Easyjet sounds a bit of a nightmare.
It does doesn't it! I've not flown with them though so I couldn't tell you from experience!