Old 04-15-2007, 08:32 PM   #1
kblue
Knitting the Flap

Location: In No Where Land with Maggie and the Ferocious Beast
Goof on my online order
I knew i should have waited till tomorrow to place my order

So...I ordered 9 skeins of yarn (hey it was $1.59 a skein 120 yards FROM HERE ) and of course after placing the order i check back to see my transaction and such through the website (i registered so i could track my order) and through Paypal. I noticed on the website i have 2 orders of 9 instead of 1 but on Paypal i've only been charged for 1 order. So now i'm upset because they're obviously closed today (sunday) and i have to wait till tomorrow to fix all this confusion...... ......

When things go wrong i get really irritated<--sp? for some reason I was all happy and excited to be buying this yarn... I've never bought this much yarn at once before... and then the little mis-hap .......Oh well....sorry just wanted to let it out it's really not that big of a problem...I'm just over reacting

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 04-15-2007, 08:57 PM   #2
tilllie
Knitting the Flap

I call that "finger stuttering" and have learned the hard way to read verrrry carefully before I click "submit order". ( you could also blame it on gremlins!!) I looked at your yarn, it's really pretty. What is it going to become??
tilllie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 09:01 PM   #3
Susan P.
Working the Gusset

That's gorgeous yarn. I am SO jealous of some of the wonderful pricing opportunities you have there. So many of the nice mohair combos here are around $12 + a ball!

You know, I would look at the situation in reverse. That the business will be thrilled you have been honest enough to admit an error even though you've only been charged for half the amount.
Susan P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 09:34 PM   #4
kblue
Knitting the Flap

tilllie: Oh gosh i have no idea what it's going to become....OoOoooOOoo the possibilities This has happened to me before...because my mouse is screwed up and i keep putting off buying a new one so i can buy yarn even if i click it once it will keep on clicking several more times ...so I'm still trying to get into the habit of pressing the TAB button and then pressing ENTER when paying for my orders.

Susan P. : Well in all honesty...it's NOT (sorry to say this about myself) that i'm trying to be honest about the mistake...it just this is one of those things...if you don't say anything it's going to bite you in the A$$ later on when you least expect it Although that would be nice to get double the actual amount i ordered :thinking: hummm.............maybe i shouldn't.................Just kidding
Old 04-15-2007, 09:43 PM   #5
Susan P.
Working the Gusset

kblue. I come from a line of women who fret and worry about such things. My mother will still get up and be showered and dressed by 6 if a tradesman is due at 8.30. My grandmother would be pulling a plate out from under you in order to wash it up so she could forget about it. :-)

It's the energy I think that's the nuisance. Like, really, what will it matter as long as you ring early Monday? It won't. It's not like there are elves in the shop sending out orders today. ;-) but we think energy wise along those lines and wish the thing was sorted and we didn't have it on our minds! Hence concentrating on the potentially positive aspects - that the shop will know you're honest and trustworthy and so on.

One thing you can do before clicking 'submit' on orders is to print off the order page and check it manually. But, go buy a new mouse!! There are shops open on Sundays to do that!! :-) At least then you will know you're going to prevent worrying all the time when you order.

Now, what ARE you going to do with that yarn. I's such a lovely colour. I like those tans and white combos.
Old 04-15-2007, 10:07 PM   #6
kblue
Knitting the Flap

Your totally right Susan what else can ya' do. I have no idea why i haven't bought a new mouse yet...really i don't it's not like they cost more than yarn But i have no idea what to make with this yet i think i have to wait till it gets here...maybe take it out to dinner...get to know it a little better and then give it a good feel (i know i'm a dork ). I like the color even though my fav is blues in general.
Old 04-15-2007, 10:34 PM   #7
Susan P.
Working the Gusset

Heh. I think not buying the mouse is about setting yourself up to fret. You can buy pretty cheap mice these days! ;-)

When I was younger my mother knitted me what was really a sleeveless, V neck, tunic type 'vest'. It was a garment I wore to death. It was slightly oversize and made in really washable but fairly soft brown yarn. I've love to make something similar but have never found the pattern. I asked her about it the other day and hope she may locate it.

That yarn you have would make a nice longer line bolero style jacket perhaps. Sometimes I keep yarn for ages until I know what to do with it. If I get new wool I will often fiddle with swatch. Knitting it up and unpicking and knitting again until I feel I've found the best stitch and 'look' for the yarn.