Old 04-16-2007, 02:54 AM   #1
Rycharde
Ribbing the Cuff

Send a message via MSN to Rycharde
First FO-My Baby Hats-Updated Pictures
Ok here it is.

The first is just something I went at, started knitting, for practice, decreased the stitches and sewed it together into a perfect little hood bonnet.

The girls at my prenatal class loved this one and it was just terribly simple to make, but soo cute.

This is the vibrant blue I mentioned. It's mixed with multicolor rainbow dyed yarn that I found in mom's stash.

I had no idea I'd actually finish this as a project but hey it works!

The model is my daughter's cabbage patch doll.
Neat thing: A newborn to 3 month old child has an average head size of 14"-15 1/2". The standard for cabbage patch dolls is about that. Not newborn cabbage patch dolls, the "kid" ones are the perfect size for an average one month old infant. I'm using a boy because theres no bulky wool hair and of course the baby I'm knitting for (who isn't born yet) is a boy!

Ok onto the next one.
This was something I thought would look really cool. I was right.
Each panel starts off with three stitches, add one on each end until there are ten stitches. Then switch colors for the checkered pattern panels or just keep going until you've done 20 rows of ten stitches each. Switch colors again after another 10 is done to get the checkers. At the end of 20 rows of 10 stitches I tried to rib 5 rows of a new color. Ok so that didn't work perfectly but look, it's sooo cute.

There are four checkered panels and two solids. All sewn together quite neatly inside.

On the top I finished them together with "ears" started out with three stitches and did a few rows, added, added , added, and then a few more and voila here's some cute little ears.
The tongue is sewn on, just started out with two red stitches and added added, and then a couple rows until it was tongue shaped.

The nose I started out with one stitch and added added added and then I had a triangle nose to tack on. The eyes are embroidered with thick white yarn and detailed with a thin black yarn.

All together this is my super cute, checkered green and yellow puppy hat for a three month old infant.

Rycharde is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 04-16-2007, 10:49 AM   #2
sara_jayne
2nd Sock, I Rock

The hats look great! I love the puppy hat!
sara_jayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 12:11 PM   #3
dewdrops
Knitting the Flap

Cool hats!I'am sure the colors and hats are even nicer and vibrant than the pics.
Old 04-16-2007, 12:53 PM   #4
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,642 Times in 7,044 Posts

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 06:50 PM   #5
Rycharde
Ribbing the Cuff

Much better pics up now, color can be seen! Yay!

Old 04-17-2007, 05:59 AM   #6
nonny2t
Instepping Out

Very cute and I love the little dutch girl hat, so cute! Are you having a girl or boy or don't you know? Either way, the baby will be cute as a bug in it.
nonny2t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 06:43 PM   #7
Rycharde
Ribbing the Cuff

We're having a boy, for sure. No denying it! Very happy.

I already have a daughter so it's nice to have both.

Will be a new experience for sure this time around. The hat just flips like that and it looks too cute!

In our family there really are no gender barriers, if you knew us we're like a happy rainbow version of the Addams Family. All good!

Old 04-17-2007, 06:56 PM   #8
marykz
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by Rycharde
In our family there really are no gender barriers, if you knew us we're like a happy rainbow version of the Addams Family. All good!
(giggling)
What a great summary of the family- and I just love that puppy hat! great job!

marykz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 10:06 AM   #9
jeanius80
Instepping Out

those are adorable hats! i love how quick baby hats knit up. the blue one is great how it flips out, and the puppy hat is great! i think i might try to make one too! Thanks for sharing
jeanius80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 06:24 PM   #10
Rycharde
Ribbing the Cuff

Oh I love baby hats. See I have no patience at all so what I decided to do is work on my daughter's sweater when I feel in the mood to and then when I get bored make up a baby hat!

The one I am working on now is a flat hat, with flat matching mittens in black and white stripes. I'm going to give it Zebra ears!

Honestly thats about the only way to describe my family

We are a very happy home. Although you may see the Addams Family do things that are a little weird according to normal society, the fact that they have close bonds, (different) routines and you never see them fight, ever, are all things shared within our home. We're nutty, normal people might think we are a little strange.
My idea is to be open minded about everything. The great part is that no one fights, no one yells, and no one is ever sad in our home because we are open and honest about EVERYTHING.
So my kid is obsessed with biology (the digestive system in particular) and wants a girlfriend
I swear we didn't encourage it we just let her do whatever she's interested in... If thats girls and intestines well, at least she can name every organ in the digestive tract at TWO and she knows we will never be upset for any choice she makes as long as she is not doing harm to herself or others.
Trust, respect, love, thrive