Old 04-16-2007, 09:54 AM   #1
Rennagayle
Working the Gusset

OTT-Lite's..Who has them? Model recommendation?
Joann's is having one of their frequent online sales of their OTT-Lites. There are so many models to choose from, including different wattage sizes. Plus, some are called "True Color", and some are called "Vision Saver". I am beginning to have trouble seeing my knitting clearly, and seriously considering purchasing one of these while they're on sale, but haven't a clue what to get.

Are there any OTT-Lite owners here who can advise me?
Rennagayle is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 04-16-2007, 10:41 AM   #2
cheesiesmom
Turning the Heel

I don't have an Ott Light, but have a Kodak (I think) that I bought through Sears online. It was cheaper than the Ott and I didnt have to go out to buy it. I'm pretty sure it works the same as the Ott or given that the Ott is primo, probably better. That being said, if it weren't for this light, I probably couldn't knit at all in the evening. And perhaps on some days. I was having problems seeing the stitches in the evening and would turn an ordinary 3-way lamp all the way up, tilt the shade out of the way and drag it as close as possible. The Ott gives off a really nice "daylight" light and makes it easier to see my work. If it disintegrated tomorrow, I would definitely replace it immediately.

I have the floor model and the light comes over my shoulder onto my knitting. It's perfect for me. I would highly recommend purchasing it. And at 40% off, such a deal!!
cheesiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 11:07 AM   #3
sara_jayne
2nd Sock, I Rock

I have an Ott lite similar to this model. I use it mainly on my desk at work when I have to do close up work. It is super for that.

I needed a floor lamp for knitting too and I have one of these and love it just as much as the Ott lite. I purchased that one because I couldn't get nearly as good of a deal on an Ott lite and the replacement bulbs are not quite as expensive.

They are definatley worth the investment and are SO easy on the eyes to knit with!
sara_jayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 11:24 AM   #4
jodstr2
Instepping Out

we have this Ott-Lite next to our couch and we it! I ordered it from Jo-Ann during one of these sales.

on needles:
Noro Striped Scarf
Lacy Ribbed Socks
Monkey 8

jodstr2
jodstr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 12:25 PM   #5
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,739 Times in 7,111 Posts
I couldn't afford the Ott Lamps so I went to Home Depot and got a full spectrum type table lamp. It works pretty well other than I find I need one with a more movable neck on it.

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 12:28 PM   #6
susanc
Turning the Heel

I have two Ott Lites and absolutely LOVE them. I do a lot of jewelry making and they are indispensible. The one I have on my work table is a desk lamp with movable neck and the light itself moves, and then I have one smaller one that is more portable. I use mine every day for hours at a time and I have had it for years with the same bulb. I haven't had to replace it yet, but Michaels sells them now, so when they have a 40% off coupon, I will buy one just to have it on hand.

They aren't cheap, but they are sure worth the cost.

I'm a chick with sticks and I'm not afraid to use them!

susanc

http://susanc-yarnnut.blogspot.com
susanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 01:11 PM   #7
jeanius80
Instepping Out

i just ordered one...if you spend more than 35 you can use the free shipping code too. i ordered some circs too...
jeanius80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 01:18 PM   #8
susanc
Turning the Heel

You'll love it!

I'm a chick with sticks and I'm not afraid to use them!

susanc

http://susanc-yarnnut.blogspot.com
susanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 12:20 AM   #9
want2knit
Knitting the Flap

I have this one and really like it. I'm able to see my knitting great with it.
Completed since June '06: The Amanda Hat, Urchin hat, Seaman's cap, Socks - Monkey (one done),Socks - Pretty Petals,Socks - modified version of Int'l Rib of Doom,Keyhole scarf,Socks for Sockintine Swap,Tychus - miserable failure,My So Called Scarf,Fetching,one sock from Silver's tutorial
I am want2knit on RAVELRY
want2knit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 12:31 AM   #10
Rennagayle
Working the Gusset

It looks like I can't go wrong with any of them, judging from the testimonies here. Ack! I wish I could make up my mind on which one to get.
Rennagayle is offline   Reply With Quote