View Poll Results: Which interchangeable needles do you like best?
Other - please specify in comments 2 1.68%
Denise 27 22.69%
Boye Needlemaster 12 10.08%
Bamboo 1 0.84%
Knitpicks Options 77 64.71%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 01:16 PM   #81
tootie44
Knitting the Flap

I just got my Denise set, after having used the Boyes. I really like the Denises a lot better because of the flexibility of the cord. It was kind of hard to get used to the plastic needles as they are not as pointy as the metal ones in the boye set, but now that I am used to them I think they are awesome!
frogger of sweaters and other large objects

tootie44 on Ravelry

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 06-07-2007, 12:38 AM   #82
MrsJSD
Ribbing the Cuff

I am intrigued by the idea of interchangeable needles
BUT
I already have so many needles! I usually have what I need, but not always. Then I go and buy...often something new, so I have bamboo, Addis, rosewood, ebony, handmade wood. I sort of think it's more fun than having a set. Organization is quite problematic, however. The idea of having a "kit" which is orderly is very appealing.

Currently knitting a Weasley sweater in Rowan Felted Tweed for a nephew, the pullover "Erica" in Noro Cash Iroha, and E.Zimm's "Pie are Square" shawl in possum laceweight.
Old 06-07-2007, 01:36 PM   #83
MAmaDawn
Working the Gusset

I love my Boye's.....

What made me choose the honestly is the price.... I got them off ebay for a steal!!!! I paid about 1/2 what they were at Micheals and Ac Moore!!!!

The cables were a little stiff at first. but honestly I have found that they lossen up and I haven't had them come loose unless I don't tighten them with the tool that comes with it.

I think they are great!!!!! And I love the fact that I can easily get extra parts is a HUGE plus...

Wife to GooB; Mom to Tori (7) and Belle (4) Jeremiah (2)

MamaDawn there too
My Little Shop
Old 06-10-2007, 06:59 PM   #84
itsjustmeghan
Knitting the Flap

i had denise needles, but the cables weren't flexible enough for me. i wanted to be able to use them for magic loop, and they just wouldn't cooperate. i also had problems with the needles and cables unlocking on me. my other complaint is kinda stupid once i write it out, but there were too many parts! too many cables to find and figure out which ones added up to the right length etc. and while they had a nice case to carry them in, i could never get them back in there the way they were originally.

so i sold them.
and i got some KP options. i LOVE LOVE LOVE them. the cables are perfect, the needles are slick so you can knit fast. once they are tightened down, i've had no problems. you wouldn't even know they are interchangeables. and i love that you have the option of buying longer length cables. love that.
well worth the price!

itsjustmeghan on Ravelry
Stitch It!! Podcast
Old 06-10-2007, 10:04 PM   #85
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,162 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
I have both the denise and the options, I have to say I loved the denise until I got my hands on the options. I have a few addis and those so I figured I'd like the options. The only thing that would be nice is if the options were organized like the denise, then I'd be one VERY happy camper.
Closed Thread