Old 04-19-2007, 06:36 PM   #1
jeanius80
Instepping Out

ebay yarn q
anyone buy yarn from handpainted wool on ebay? do they take a while to ship? i cant seem to find a clear answer on the store pages. thanks
jeanius80 is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 04-19-2007, 06:38 PM   #2
XbelovedXoneX
Turning the Heel

I've heard people that have bought from them directly from their website have said it takes a long time for the items to ship. I've never ordered from them personally though.

In the market for Custom Software Development? Have a Security matter that needs addressing? Please check out my husband's company: http://www.netsenseusa.com
XbelovedXoneX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 07:26 PM   #3
Susan P.
Working the Gusset

I just looked at the comments people offered and the positive far outweigh the negative. I have such a problem though with the way ebay themselves have so often failed customer issues that I refuse to use them out of principle but friends and family do and so far mostly all happy. They do all check those comments ratings though.
Susan P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 07:38 PM   #4
GinnyG
Instepping Out

I would allow 4-6 weeks for shipping. I have not ordered yarn from this paticular site but I have ordered yarn from Australia nad another seller in Uraguay and both took over a month.
Old 04-19-2007, 11:49 PM   #5
cando
Knitting the Flap

I haven't ordered from them yet but have their website bookmarked. I've read on these boards before about them.
Btw, I noticed that the yarn appears to be $1 less on their website - http://www.100purewool.com

ETA - I searched for 100purewool in the forum and here is the result. There might be some info there about shipping
Old 04-19-2007, 11:54 PM   #6
Julie
Instepping Out

I've bought yarn from them, but it was through a co-op, so I expected a little longer ship time. It wasn't more than a month though.

That said, their yarn is AMAZING. Every bit as soft and wonderful as Malabrigo, but a wee bit finer. AMAZING, I say -- I would buy a roomful if I could. One of my very favorite yarns ever.

(It's the yarn I used for this sweater -- so nice for cables!)
Old 04-20-2007, 12:18 AM   #7
jeanius80
Instepping Out

thanks ... i was thinking it would be awhile. i did buy this from them... it was too pretty to pass on.. not sure what it will become!
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	skyyarn.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	23.2 KB
ID:	38850  
jeanius80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 04:14 AM   #8
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,891 Times in 3,012 Posts
I have heard that some ebay vendors WAIT til your payment actually clears and is in their bank. What payments are the type that take longer to clear and show up in their bank: Paypal payments where the funds come from a checking or savings account instead of a (instant) credit card. The Paypal payment that comes from a checking account is looked at as an E-check. That is what an ebay vendor told me. BUT, that said, some ebay vendors will ship same day regardless.

Artlady at Rav
ArtLady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 04:06 PM   #9
Annyka
Ribbing the Cuff

Quote:
I have heard that some ebay vendors WAIT til your payment actually clears and is in their bank. What payments are the type that take longer to clear and show up in their bank: Paypal payments where the funds come from a checking or savings account instead of a (instant) credit card. The Paypal payment that comes from a checking account is looked at as an E-check. That is what an ebay vendor told me. BUT, that said, some ebay vendors will ship same day regardless.
Yes, that's true -- in fact, the seller is NOT protected unless they do wait for payment to clear.

Seller protection is slim compared to buyer protection (don't get me started on 'not as described' which can include all sorts of imaginary and far-reaching assumptions on the part of a buyer), so I'd be surprised to see folks shipping before funds are released.

Ann - recently retired 3+ year ebay seller of non-knitting items
Annyka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 10:33 PM   #10
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,891 Times in 3,012 Posts
Hi Annyka! I guess I am a "preferred customer"! I can think of 6 vendors that ship to me the same day, or day after. I always use Paypal the instant I win or purchase a BUY IT NOW!

Artlady at Rav
ArtLady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote