Old 04-22-2007, 06:12 PM   #1
Darcy
1st Leg of the Journey

Fabric glue ? and a wee bit of OT rambling
Ok, I've made a few beanies (via crochet) and at times I have the edge a different color so there's only one row. When I weave in the end, there is always going to be a bit that just sits there. I have tried frey check but it doesn't seem to work like glue. Is there something else I should try?

Also, if there is, can I use something to hold down the yarn I am glueing that won't stick to the glue?

I've been crocheting for a while now, I mean mostly just crocheting because it's easier and faster. I don't like the looks as much tho.
Yesterday I started a baby bootie pattern that is knit and wow did I have problems. I started it 4 times with different yarn and finally jus told myself to just do it completely just to have the experience and then make changes after that. I can not tell you how many problems I am having. Kinda funny. I still have to knit like 5 more rows and then I can finally say I finished it. The yarn I'm using is baby weight and seems to be very delicate and I'm having a hard time with it. I plan on using some worsted weight yarn next time, that I really like, but nowI will have to adjust the pattern to be the same size.

Totally OT:

I've decided that my chronic fatique of unknown origin may be due to a pituitary problem. I now need to find a endocrinologist. The problem is I'm too fatiqued to try and look for one locally and then set up an appointment. LOL but not really LOL.

I LOVE THIS FORUM!

My rather boring knitting blog

My Etsy store
Darcy is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 04-23-2007, 09:59 AM   #2
Susan P.
Working the Gusset

Hi Darcy, not sure what you mean by a bit just 'sitting there'. Could it be that you need to change weaving/seaming style so that you can avoid glues altogether? Shame you can't show a photo.

This company claims to have a fabric glue that is washable and works well with knits but perhaps it's a matter of trying different fabric glues available to you:

http://www.dharmatrading.com/html/en...av=paints.html

Maybe try on a swatch?

On the OT. Have you had a test done for Epstein Barr? (I think I'm spelling that correctly). You can google that.
Susan P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 11:11 AM   #3
Darcy
1st Leg of the Journey

Very good question and duh @ me for not taking a picture.

What I mean is there is always a bit of yarn that hangs out after weaving.
That is unavoidable, right? or ?

Since this specific piece is right there at the edge (I sell my items, or at least try to) it looks tacky, I think. I always hear ppl say or patterns say, weave in ends but that sounds like it hides the tip of the yarn as well and there is yarn that kind of frays as well, the homespun yarn. I always have to tie a not in any ends that are cut until I can weave them in, they are so suseptible. (sp?)

I will check out the link you gave me now. Thanks!

I LOVE THIS FORUM!

My rather boring knitting blog

My Etsy store
Darcy is offline   Reply With Quote