Old 04-27-2007, 10:44 PM   #1
carmabelle1191
Turning the Heel

Socks on size #0s (2.25mm)
I'm looking for socks on very tiny needles. Why? Because I'm a tight knitter, and I can use size 1 needles when I knit them. The only pair of socks that I've finished for myself were on size 1s with 64 stitches and turned out too small. That's why I figure I should go a needle size up. Anyone have any patterns like this?

My Knitter's Geek Code:
KCR+ Exp+ SPM+(+) Addi+@ KPO++ !Pl Bam-( ) Cas> Syn- Cot++@ Wool(+) Hemp>? Stash++(+) Scale++ Fin+? Ent> FI>? Tex>? Lace>? Felt-? Flat(+) Circ+ ML+ DPN- - Swatch(+) KIP+ Blog EZ(?) FO+ WIP(-) GaugeW (DK) F> S> Sp>?
carmabelle1191 is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 04-28-2007, 05:02 AM   #2
french kiwi
Ribbing the Cuff

Send a message via Skype™ to french kiwi
Hi Sarah,

I'm a little confused.
If the pair you knitted was too small, why not stick to the same pattern and use a size up needles (or 2)
maybe i missed something in your message, but are you sure you did your gauge swatch before knitting your first pair?
try using bigger size needles until you reach the correct gauge

hope this is of some helps
FK
french kiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 09:02 AM   #3
Markette
Ribbing the Cuff

Knitting Vintage Socks has a lot of patterns on size 0s.
Markette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 09:03 AM   #4
carmabelle1191
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by french kiwi
Hi Sarah,

I'm a little confused.
If the pair you knitted was too small, why not stick to the same pattern and use a size up needles (or 2)
maybe i missed something in your message, but are you sure you did your gauge swatch before knitting your first pair?

FK
Oh, sorry, I forgot to mention that I'm receiving a pair of Addis from cheley in the mail for much cheaper than what I would buy Addis at my LYS, so I wanted to try them out. They are size 1s. Sorry.

My Knitter's Geek Code:
KCR+ Exp+ SPM+(+) Addi+@ KPO++ !Pl Bam-( ) Cas> Syn- Cot++@ Wool(+) Hemp>? Stash++(+) Scale++ Fin+? Ent> FI>? Tex>? Lace>? Felt-? Flat(+) Circ+ ML+ DPN- - Swatch(+) KIP+ Blog EZ(?) FO+ WIP(-) GaugeW (DK) F> S> Sp>?
Old 04-29-2007, 10:34 PM   #5
cheley
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by carmabelle1191
Originally Posted by french kiwi
Hi Sarah,

I'm a little confused.

FK
Oh, sorry, I forgot to mention that I'm receiving a pair of Addis from cheley in the mail for much cheaper than what I would buy Addis at my LYS, so I wanted to try them out. They are size 1s. Sorry.
Hey there....if the needle doesn't work for you I'll take it back
cheley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 12:29 AM   #6
carmabelle1191
Turning the Heel

Nope...I haven't gotten them yet! I knit a pair of socks on DPNs and they could fit a toddler. I figure, since the Addis are 2.5 mm and I used 2.25 mm DPNs, I'll be good to go.
Have you gotten your package yet?

My Knitter's Geek Code:
Old 05-01-2007, 04:17 PM   #7
mwedzi
Working the Gusset

Sarah, if the sock is coming out too small but you like the density of the fabric and don't want to change needle sizes, then change the number of stitches instead. Do a guage swatch to see how many stitches you get to an inch and then just add or decrease the number of stitches necessary.

mwedzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 08:42 PM   #8
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,744 Times in 7,115 Posts
Size 0 is smaller than 1..why would you want to go down in size if you are a tight knitter. Maybe I missed something... :thinking:

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 09:41 PM   #9
carmabelle1191
Turning the Heel

I would take those patterns and then go up a size in needle to get correct gauge since I'm a very tight knitter. The only reason I want patterns on a specific needle size is because I'm receiving a new pair of Addi Turbos in the mail for $12 from cheley-$8 less than at my LYS!-and want to try them out. I think I have found a few patterns that I like though, and am just waiting for the needles to arrive (if only the post officde would hurry up )

My Knitter's Geek Code:
Old 05-03-2007, 10:01 AM   #10
auburnchick
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 2,085 Times in 1,688 Posts
I think your only option is going to be go up in number of stitches. Make sure you go up a multiple of the number of stitch repeats, if you're doing something fancier than ss. So, if you're doing a 5 stitch pattern repeat, increase your total number of cast on stitches by a multiple of 5.

Are you going to do toe up? It's a great way to try on as you go to ensure it fits.

Writing, to me, is simply thinking through my fingers. -- Isaac Asimov
auburnchick is offline   Reply With Quote