Old 04-27-2007, 12:14 PM   #1
wrchili
Ribbing the Cuff

Send a message via ICQ to wrchili Send a message via AIM to wrchili Send a message via MSN to wrchili Send a message via Yahoo to wrchili
Dyeing Yarn
I bought some Jacquard Acid Dyes, and I'm going to attempt to dye my own yarn. I found a turtorial that I think I'm going to follow. It says that after you put the color on to steam the yarn for a half hour. How exactly do you steam the yarn? I'm going to buy a veggie steamer to do it. Do I wrap the yarn in anything when I put it in the steamer? I know I was at one site that said to wrap the yarn in plastic wrap and put it all in a ziplock bag. Do I add actual water to the steamer on the yarn? am I heating it in the microwave or the oven? Or is there a way I can cook it in my crock pot? I plan on using several colors, and I don't want them to bleed together. As you can see, I have lots of questions. Any help is appreciated.

thanks!

whitney

Read my knitting blog at www.wrchili.blogspot.com
wrchili is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 04-27-2007, 01:51 PM   #2
kemp
Grafting the Toe

Send a message via ICQ to kemp Send a message via AIM to kemp Send a message via Yahoo to kemp
This should answer most if not all of your questions.
kemp is offline   Reply With Quote