Old 04-30-2007, 12:20 PM   #1
dakatzmeow
Turning the Heel

brainstorming a cell phone case pattern
i've got this concept bouncing around in my head for a cell phone case. i may even try to add a pocket on the side for my mp3 player (very small). that way, they'll all be in one location when i'm digging through my purse.

i generally knit on 2 circs, or magic loop as i hate seaming. so i was thinking i'd cast on enough to get a slightly snug fit for the cell phone, then knit in pattern (i've been wanting to try mini cables) until i get it as tall as i want it, then graft or bind off with 3 needles for the bottom. going back to the top, i would pick up stitches across one entire side at the top and knit a flap with an eyelet near the end so i can use it as a buttonhole.

another option would be to make a loop to hook around a button.

my dilemma, and where i'd love others' ideas, is how to get a pocket on the side for the mp3 and/or accessories.

maybe i just need to make knitty's 'on the moon' bag and put in some little dividers and attach a strap for carrying.

gosh, seems like i'm blithering on, but any ideas/input would be appreciated. even links if someone has already thought of this. (a distinct possibility.)
dakatzmeow is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 04-30-2007, 04:41 PM   #2
rainberry
Ribbing the Cuff

I made an iPod sock that has a pocket for the earbuds. I used the pattern here: http://bobnbrenda.com/?page_id=35
otn: wicked sweater, baby sock #2, baby fern dishcloth
I'm rainberry on Ravelry

rainberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 05:21 PM   #3
dakatzmeow
Turning the Heel

i checked out all the patterns. love them! so many ideas. what i ended up doing was making a sock with tiny cable ribbing. for my mp3 and accessories, i am going to make a separate pouch either with pockets on the outside, or maybe lining it with fabric and stitching pockets or sections inside. when i get a sec, i'll post a pic of the phone case. it came out super cute.

edited to add a big thank you!
dakatzmeow is offline   Reply With Quote