Old 04-30-2007, 07:31 PM   #1
AnaK
1st Leg of the Journey

Do you have a craft room?
This weekend I got new cabinet for my yarn. It is good size and I was hoping all would fit in it. Well it doesn't .
As it is I have knitting suplies in the LL, FR, MB and Basement.
I would love room of my own devoted just to my crafts

I was wondering what others do and where do you keep your yarn?
AnaK is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 04-30-2007, 07:38 PM   #2
Ingrid
Mod Squad

Thanked 2,241 Times in 1,838 Posts
My yarn is like having a gorilla. Where does he sleep? Anywhere he wants!!

I mostly keep it in my bedroom on the side of the bed in collapsable hampers, but there are also laundry bags in the closet, bins up on a shelf, a chestful in the diningroom and a few baskets in the living room. So basically my house is my craft room.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Hop aboard while we follow the cloud-covered van of knitting harmony, man!! Woooo!! --Hedgehog

IngridKH on Ravelry
Ingrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 07:46 PM   #3
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
I would love my own room too.. all set up with tables and chairs and everything organized...

Right now I have one container in the computer room.. has 3 pull out drawers.. and one closet in the computer room is stacked full of knitting books/scraps of yarn/you name it I got it in that closet.. it has great shelves though that hold all my yarn... I basically knit in the living room so there are books in shelves in there.. a bag hidden in there.. the play room's closet is stacked with fabric and quilt stuff.. the basement has containers filled with drawing stuff and airbrush equipment.. the garage has containers.. oh and under the play room bed is 3 huge containers full of floss, ribbon, you name it.. I'm kinda a craft junkie.. although since I started knitting I haven't had time for the rest...

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
dustinac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 08:02 PM   #4
Jill A.
1st Leg of the Journey

I am sooooo lucky - I do have a craft room.

My husband works from home- he uses the extra bedroom for his office. Until last summer we shared the office..my craft stuff and his computers. As his workload grew, he needed more and more computers (and networks and stuff) so we finished part of the basement and made a craft room for me and a "theatre room".

I got to plan my room. It is a fairly large room, but I also share it with the bookcases (one of which is built in). I have a six foot table, and 9 large cabinets along the wall. I painted it a light periwinkle blue with sheer white beaded curtains. There are two large windows, so even though it is the "basement" I get plenty of light. The light fixtures are florescent. I just need to clean out the cabinets to make room for my growing stash. I will soon be selling quilt fabric, beads and scrapbooking stuff on ebay!!

Queue:
baby gifts

my blog

Jill A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 08:05 PM   #5
knitwit628
Knitting the Flap

I have a craft room! When we moved into this house there was one too many rooms and had no idea what to do with it. Instead of making it into an extra bedroom, we made it into a craft room. That's where we keep all our art supplies, sewing machine and stuff, and of course our knitting things. It even has a nice walk in closet to store everything. We have set up tables in the room so I can sit down and enjoy my time. i guess i should be thankful, we're lucky i guess xxx
Mother Bear- Seaming!
Check out My Blog
I am kssunflower on Ravelry.
knitwit628 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 08:55 PM   #6
TeenKnitter
1st Leg of the Journey

Does the spare bedroom count? Whenever we have new crafts stuff and don't know what to do with it, we dump it on the bed in the spare bedroom. This often poses a problem when people come to visit...

ON's: Water bottle cozy; socks in Knit Picks 'Frog Prince'; 4th pair of Bella's mittens
TeenKnitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 09:20 PM   #7
Hildegard_von_Knittin
2nd Sock, I Rock

I specifically got a 2 bedroom apartment so one of the bedrooms would be my office/yarn room. I just purchased a loft bed (like a bunk bed but just the top bunk) so my craft area isn't disrupted by a guest bed
Old 04-30-2007, 11:33 PM   #8
whimzypinzycreations
Casting On

Send a message via Yahoo to whimzypinzycreations
Thank god yes I do...but trouble is it is spilling out of that room finding it way to the next them up the steps into a basket right next to the pc.
Oh and I have an armoir filled with yarn in the living room. lol lol
So how about a craft house. lol
mine contains a bit of everything, fabric, ribbons, yarns, patterns, hooks, needles, looms,dyes, soap making tools and supplies, machines, gadgets...whatever I need when the mood strikes.
Old 05-01-2007, 01:48 AM   #9
KnittingNat
Instepping Out

I wish i had!!! We rent a one-bedroom apartment of about 40 sq.m. (really small), i feel that in the US people don't know that kind of small apartments exist And we have a large dog and two cats, so my crafts are all stucked all over. The sewing machine is on a shelf, with my yarn stash and my fabric stash is in the extra closet. So i work mainly in the living room and the current project is there, hidden from the pussycats To have your own house is really a big deal and expensive here (unless you want to live in an agricultural area and be unemployed ), so my own craft room is a dream Besides, we're always need more craft space, since my hubby is a huge diecast models fan (so am i)...
KnittingNat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 03:04 AM   #10
jess_hawk
Working the Gusset

I live in a dorm, so my craft room is the space under my loft bed. I rearranged my room so that my dresser is under my bed and my desk is beside it and it creates this nice little cubby. My goldfish live on top of my yarn boxes (and the yarn lives in, around, and over the yarn boxes and dresser). My fabric lives in the closet.

At home I have a huge tub full of craft stuff.
And a drawer and a shelf of art supplies downstairs.
And my pencils (I draw in graphite) are in my bottom drawer at school usually though atm they're over by my backpack.

My mom encourages creativity so we don't have a craft room, we just have the front closet (where most people keep their shoes and coats... our shoes and coats are in the front closet); the desk downstairs, most of mom's closet, the cupboard above the stove, and the coffee table in the computer room. And the space under the computer desk. Also, my dad does woodworking, so we have a few things out in the garage.
jess_hawk is offline   Reply With Quote