Old 04-30-2007, 09:38 PM   #1
nancydee
Ribbing the Cuff

berroco suede yarn -- scarf question
Just wondering if anyone has knitted a scarf using Berroco suede yarn. A friend asked me to make her one -- she loves the suede. She wants it to be a wide scarf and drape well -- like one end over the shoulder. I have used the suede for booties which came out great, but I was using small needles. Now I am thinking of using larger ones -- maybe size 13. And I don't want it too loopy, but yet not too tight-- I am really on the fence about the look of it. Anyway, I would love to hear about anyone's comments and/or results in making a scarf with the Berroco suede. Thanks!

nancydee

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 05-01-2007, 02:53 PM   #2
Knitabit
1st Leg of the Journey

I looked at the Berroco web site out of curiosity and noticed they don't have any (free) scarf patterns for Suade. They do have shawls though, so maybe these could give you an idea of what a scarf would look like. I notice a lot of the patterns combine Suade and another type of yarn, so maybe you could consider that as well.

Just some food for thought!

Knitabit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 08:24 PM   #3
nancydee
Ribbing the Cuff

knitabit,

Thanks for your input. Maybe combining yarns would be good -- I also noticed their website didn't seem to show specific scarves with the suede. Maybe there is a reason for that ...

nancydee