Old 05-03-2007, 07:27 PM   #1
KnitClickChick
Turning the Heel

OT: Bird Egg
I was sitting my porch this morning, and noticed something sticking out of the hanging basket. (No flowers in yet, just dirt) When I looked a little closer, it looked like an egg shell. I thought this was pretty cool - there are always birds around and thought it was neat they left a shell in my basket. When I picked it up though, it was the whole egg! Did some research, and it is a mourning dove egg. Not sure why it was in the dirt. Apparently the male sits on the eggs from early morning to afternoon, and then the female takes over the rest of the day. The site said that they seldom leave the nest unattended, and since there is no nest in the basket, and no birds around I am kind of at a loss as to why it was there. Maybe she couldn't make it back to her nest before it came out? Maybe this is a bad thing, but I decided to take the egg. My boyfriends mom makes Ukranian eggs, and even though she never has anything nice to say to me or about me, I thought I would give it to her. Anyhow, I thought it was cool to have found a whole egg and wanted to share. :D

Wish List
Clapotis
Another felted bag
Mrs. Beetons Wristwarmers

On The Needles:
Silver's Palindrome Scarf - in Patons SWS Natural Pink
Feather and Fan Shawl - in Estelle Cadenza
KnitClickChick is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 05-03-2007, 08:59 PM   #2
five_six
Turning the Heel

Keep an eye out in case the birdies do come back, maybe they just went off to find that early worm, you know. Dirt is a good insulator so I guess it's as good a place as any to put an egg. You could be mummy and adopt the egg, maybe it's some strange sort of gift for you from somewhere

PS. I love your take on Descartes.

If a little dreaming is dangerous, then the cure is not to dream less, but to dream more... to dream all the time! - Proust

currently recruiting for the war i am waging on time, there will be many casualties, but we will be victorious
five_six is offline   Reply With Quote