Old 05-04-2007, 12:03 PM   #1
Deleon
Casting On

Utah?
i'm moving to Park City, UT this summer. Is there any knitting circles in the area?
Deleon is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 05-04-2007, 03:09 PM   #2
Jill A.
1st Leg of the Journey

I'm in Utah - I live in Lehi (over the mountain from Sandy/Draper), but I go to the Unraveled Sheep every Tuesday. It is only about 15 minutes from me. I know of other shops, but I'm not sure about knitting groups or times.

Welcome to Utah!!

Queue:
baby gifts

my blog

Jill A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 11:58 PM   #3
jrdorsey
Casting On

I just moved to Park City as well and am also looking for a knitting group and a line on some yarn shops. did you find group? any shops you would recommend?
jrdorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 03:22 PM   #4
grannychickadee
Casting On

There are 2 shops next door to one another in Sugarhouse, One is called Piper Quilts, I think, But they have a great yarn selection Then there is one on 33rd south and maybe about 21st east in the Ivy Place with really neat baby yarn, There is a cute shop in Sandy between 90th south and 94th south on 7th east, It is on the west side of the road and sits back in a strip mall. Kind of hard to see. There is one on Highland drive somewhere north of Cottonwood mall, but I can't remember the exact address. It is on the east side of the street. There is one in West Jordan, It is called Three Wishes and is at 70th south and Redwood road, across from the Smith's Store. Sometime in May or June, there will probably be a knitting shop hop that includes about 13-14 shops along the Wasatch Front. If you can get into one of the above mentioned shops, they may have info on it. I get into Three Wishes occasionally cause they are only a couple of miles from my house, If I remember, I will ask them if there is one this year and when.
Three wishes is also a spinning and weaving shop.
Hope this helps. I just joined today, or I would have posted a response sooner.
grannychickadee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 11:46 PM   #5
mydimples6
Casting On

I live in Bountiful. Is there anyone out there from Davis County?

I know of a couple of nice yarn shops, one is downtown SLC on South Temple, Black Sheep Wool Company. 430 East South Temple. The other one is in Bountiful, Hemstitched Heirlooms. 585 W 2600 S.

mydimples6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 06:44 PM   #6
auburnchick
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 2,085 Times in 1,688 Posts
Invitation to Join a West Coast Project
Hello Utah Knitters!

I am spearheading the West Coast Oddball Baby Blanket project over in the Charity forum.

Please take a stroll over there and see if it's anything you would be interested in joining.

Don't worry if you're not into big commitments. This is the project for you!

The way it works is that each knitter knits 4" of a baby blanket, usually 90-100 stitches, using worsted or dk (depending on the blanket) weight, acrylic yarn. You can choose the pattern of your choice, keeping within the three stitch garter edging. Then, when you're done, you send the blanket to the next knitter, leaving the stitches on the needles. Everything travels together.

Each blanket takes about six knitters. You get two weeks to complete your portion. I've found it takes me only one evening...sometimes two.

If you'd like to join us, you can either send me a PM, or you can post a note in THIS thread. I'll watch for it, send you a request for more information, and then we're set to go.

Come join a worthwhile endeavor. You'll be blessed beyond your wildest imagination.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Writing, to me, is simply thinking through my fingers. -- Isaac Asimov
auburnchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 02:30 AM   #7
razzamatazza
Casting On

I'm in Davis County

I've been to Black Sheep Wool Co recently, it was a nice little place. I also went to one other place, which was more of a drive, I can't recall the name at the time. I've gotten a lot of yarn in the time I've gotten into knitting about a year ago, and like to balance out by buying some of it from local places.
razzamatazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 08:47 PM   #8
Darby
Ribbing the Cuff

Hello:
I'm in the Tooele Valley but travel over to SLC for my knitting stuff. Well, I haven't even started yet My first class is this Sat. at the Wool shop at the Ivy place on 3300South and 20th east. I'm so excited to start and I want to also get involved in a knitting club. I want to meet people with the same interest.
Darby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 05:30 PM   #9
DebbieD
Casting On

looking for knitting group in Park City Ut
I am also looking for a knitting group in Park City, Ut. Anyone found one?
DebbieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 02:28 AM   #10
Erintripp
Casting On

I live in Park City, want to get a group going? Even if its' only the two of us? I live in the prospector area, and while I'll be skiing a bunch with the season starting, I'd still like to get together so i can become a better knitter
Erintripp is offline   Reply With Quote