I'll give you the short version of the story -- I bought the pattern for Green Gable
and started with the size M. Got all the way to the armhole, tried it on, too big
. So I ripped it out and decided to go with the size S. I also got to realizing that I wasn't too crazy about the mesh lace pattern so went searching for something to substitute. I decided on the lace pattern from Monkey
. It was just the right stitch count to fit, and not too long of a repeat so it fit perfectly. Charted it all out, started with the size S and got the lace portion done. Realized this was going to be way too small
. I think the mesh lace is a bit of a loose knit, and the lace from the Monkey was tighter and pulled in a lot more, so I ripped it AGAIN and started over with the size M. This is what I have so far. It will need blocking but so far I love it!