Old 05-09-2007, 05:23 PM   #1
tammyjo
Casting On

Help with baby hoodie
I started my first baby sweater and all has been going ok until now. I'm currently working on the body and completed the right front. Now I'm working on the back and stuck. After completing the back in the color sequence the next row says, "K8, attach 2nd ball of yarn, bind off 22, k8. Working both sides at the same time, work 2 rows even. Bind off." I'm not understanding why the 2nd ball of yarn and how to work both sides at the same time. Please Help!!! Thank you!

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 05-09-2007, 06:09 PM   #2
five_six
Turning the Heel

You will be binding off the centre neck stitches. Attaching the second ball of yarn means you can leave your working yarn where it is, bo with the 2nd ball, then continue with that ball and do the k8 on the last 8 stitches. Now you will be working both sides of the shoulder at once, and to do this is actually really simple. Once you've done the K8, you just turn your needle and work back across the 8 stitches, drop that ball of yarn, then move across to the other 8, (which should have the yarn ready to work with, as we dropped it at the end of those sts in the previous row), and work them. Turn and work back on both 8 sts again, (for the work 2 rows even bit), then at the end of this row, you'll turn and bind off both of the 8 sts. Ta Da... you've done both shoulders at once.

Hope this helps.

If a little dreaming is dangerous, then the cure is not to dream less, but to dream more... to dream all the time! - Proust

currently recruiting for the war i am waging on time, there will be many casualties, but we will be victorious
five_six is offline   Reply With Quote