Old 04-18-2007, 12:32 PM   #1
Abbily
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,603 Times in 1,120 Posts
Discontinuedbrandnameyarn.com ??
Anyone have any experience with their customer service? I ordered some Lamb's Pride Bulky in Victorian Pink, and when it got here yesterday they sent me Lipstick Red instead! I called yesterday and left a message, and then sent an email this morning. I have not heard back from either one...

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space, I'm a loony!" -Campbell Bain (David Tennant) 'Takin' Over the Asylum'

OTN: Cabled Sweater, arm warmers, kids' clothes
Abbily is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 04-18-2007, 01:30 PM   #2
jmp3775
1st Leg of the Journey

My experience with their customer service- it doesnt exist. When they left a pattern out of my order, I sent an email. The second time I sent an email, they responded and said they needed my address. Um, shouldnt you havbe that from the order # I gave you? So I sent it. A week later, no pattern. So another email, and a phone call. Needless to say, I wound up never hearing from them again, and I never did receive the pattern.
jmp3775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 01:43 PM   #3
SandraEllen
Working the Gusset

bummer. they probably ran out of pink and figured that everyone in the world is color blind and that red would be good enough

hopefully they'll at least refund you your money...

Finished '07:
scrunchable scarf,kitty pi, ribbed hat for a newborn, garter stitch rib socks, grandma's favorite washcloths (3), monkey socks, FT clogs, Saturday Market Bag, Pomatomus
SandraEllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 01:50 PM   #4
hellokitty165
Turning the Heel

Send a message via Yahoo to hellokitty165
that is kind of sad...when they do stuff like this... unless the person packing is color blind.....
Old 04-18-2007, 01:58 PM   #5
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,751 Times in 7,121 Posts
Well shoot. I was thinking of ordering some wool from them.

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 02:01 PM   #6
Mulderknitter
Working the Gusset

I have ordered from them and sent an email regarding the shipping status, didn't hear back from them for a few days. But my order was fine... got here within a week.
I would maybe mention to them that you have a whole horde of knitters that take each other's advice on where to buy from...
Oddball Pet Snuggles
I am Mulderknitter on Ravelry, add me to your friends!

My Blog
http://susanknitsandwrites.blogspot.com/
Add me to your faves and leave a comment, I love comments!
Mulderknitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 02:11 PM   #7
marykz
Working the Gusset

my orders have all been fine so I've had no reaason to call customer service... all the right stuff, all the right colors. I did see on their website that they aren't always ansering calls, but that they SHOULD return your message....
This was in my latest email from the company:
"If you need help with anything just email us: yarngirls@discontinuedbrandnameyarn.com Because of severe winter weather, we are not manning the fulfillment warehouse entire days, but you can call and leave a message at 802-525-6503 and we will call you back."
HTH

marykz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 02:43 PM   #8
Abbily
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,603 Times in 1,120 Posts
Wow, I just got through reading all of your replies, and was getting ready to type up an "Oh, no" kind of response.... and the yarn girls called me back! They are OUT of the yarn I purchased!! Despite the fact that it is STILL on their website, or was this morning.... but she's going to send me the worsted weight in Victorian Pink (instead of the bulky, which is what I ordered) and is going to throw in 2 extra balls to compensate me for the shipping I have to pay to get the wrong yarn back to them. And she's not charging me shipping for the new order. Overall, I'll take it!

jmp- wow, that sucks about your pattern! I probably would have hounded them for ever on that.... :P

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space, I'm a loony!" -Campbell Bain (David Tennant) 'Takin' Over the Asylum'

OTN: Cabled Sweater, arm warmers, kids' clothes
Abbily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 03:28 PM   #9
GinnyG
Instepping Out

I've had GREAT experience with them. They have shipped fast and accurately. I did have a question once and they answered withing 12 hours. I just placed another order today, they have added some new yarn to their "Mill End" section.
Old 04-18-2007, 04:21 PM   #10
Ellieblue
Knitting the Flap

I too am waiting for my free pattern. I have sent two emails but so far, no response. Does anyone have their pattern for the sleeveless tank made of bella colour. It looks like a k4p3 or4 rib pattern. I guess I can wing it on my own. Ellie
Ellieblue is offline   Reply With Quote