Old 05-12-2007, 10:14 PM   #21
ironmaiden
Knitting the Flap

Originally Posted by knitwit628
ohhh! great idea! i am planning to go to my LYS pretty soon... maybe I can ask them about it. btw-- what are you gonna make with yours?
Right now I am working on this (the first one): http://stitchcafe.com/freepatterns.html

I've never done cables so I figured no time like the present . After that, I was thinking about maybe Fetching or another fingerless glove - not really the season for them, but I do love them so and I might be able to wear them a couple of evenings before putting them away for next fall/winter.

Next purchase will have to be something more seasonally appropriate lol.
ironmaiden is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 05-12-2007, 11:30 PM   #22
brendajos
Grafting the Toe

Location: Going through your stash...pay no attention over here
Send a message via Yahoo to brendajos
so i am knitting a scarf this weekend with the malabrigo i got from some yarn sale that someone posted about recently (seriously i have bought so much stuff on sale lately i can't remember who had this sale... i have a problem!) and my mom reaches out to touch it and turns her nose up to it and says "it isn't very soft!"

*gasp!* she told me that the SWS Danica scarf i did a while back was much softer.... yeah she just wants that Danica scarf i think but seriously she turned her nose up at it...lol

yup... i told her she is insane and i can not gift her for mother's day now!
Old 05-12-2007, 11:40 PM   #23
knitwit628
Knitting the Flap

Originally Posted by ironmaiden
Originally Posted by knitwit628
ohhh! great idea! i am planning to go to my LYS pretty soon... maybe I can ask them about it. btw-- what are you gonna make with yours?
Right now I am working on this (the first one): http://stitchcafe.com/freepatterns.html

I've never done cables so I figured no time like the present . After that, I was thinking about maybe Fetching or another fingerless glove - not really the season for them, but I do love them so and I might be able to wear them a couple of evenings before putting them away for next fall/winter.

Next purchase will have to be something more seasonally appropriate lol.
Thats a cool hat! It may not be the season for fingerless gloves and stuff like that, but does it really matter? as long as we all keep ourselves busy with something to knit!!! I bet it will turn out wonderful!
Mother Bear- Seaming!
Check out My Blog
I am kssunflower on Ravelry.
knitwit628 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 07:39 AM   #24
carmabelle1191
Turning the Heel

All that yarn looks wonderful. OK, time for another visit to the LYS!

My Knitter's Geek Code:
KCR+ Exp+ SPM+(+) Addi+@ KPO++ !Pl Bam-( ) Cas> Syn- Cot++@ Wool(+) Hemp>? Stash++(+) Scale++ Fin+? Ent> FI>? Tex>? Lace>? Felt-? Flat(+) Circ+ ML+ DPN- - Swatch(+) KIP+ Blog EZ(?) FO+ WIP(-) GaugeW (DK) F> S> Sp>?
carmabelle1191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 08:43 AM   #25
Brandilyne
1st Leg of the Journey

Ooooh, such pretty yarn! I know exactly what you mean about loving your LYS too. I'm very lucky in that we have about 6 or 7 shops around here, 4 of which I absolutely adore. Of course, my checking account doesn't seem to think that's very lucky, but I ignore her

I bought a skein of Malabrigo when ChezCasuelle had it on sale a few weeks back. I am truly the itchiest person when it comes to any wool, but decided after all the raves to give it a try. I must say, I haven't knit anything with it yet, but it truly is the softest wool I've ever felt. And I'm a total hussy at the LYS, I feel anything and everything, hee! I'm planning on knitting some wristwarmers/fingerless gloves with mine and figure if they itch me too much they will find a home with my best friend!

Can't wait to see your finished hat, that's a cute pattern!
Brandilyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 08:29 PM   #26
ironmaiden
Knitting the Flap

Here it is:

It's a bit short for my taste, I'll definitely make it a tad longer if I do the pattern again, but it was a quick knit and it's cute :D.
ironmaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 08:41 PM   #27
Braden
Instepping Out

The had looks great!

CONGRATULATIONS TO AMY AND SHELDON ON THE BIRTH OF THEIR DAUGHTER!

BradenCS on Ravelry
Braden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 08:55 PM   #28
knitwit628
Knitting the Flap

Soo pretty!!!
Mother Bear- Seaming!
Check out My Blog
I am kssunflower on Ravelry.
knitwit628 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 01:32 PM   #29
Brandilyne
1st Leg of the Journey

Oooh, that hat is adorable! And the color is gorgee I'm going to have to remember that one!
Brandilyne is offline   Reply With Quote