Old 05-12-2007, 01:43 PM   #1
aineepooh1
Working the Gusset

OT: My cat is sick and driving me crazy~!
I my kitties but my black cat had a bladder infection... I came home from work Tues night and saw her squatting to pee on my carpet I ran her off so she quickly went to go pee in my bedroom and passed BLOOD~! I never had a sick cat before so I didn't know what was wrong.. she kept doing it I took her to the vet .. She gave her a steriod/antibiotic shot and I brought her home. ( I will leave the scenario of the fight of catching, wrapping her in a towel and the fight that insued) . I just tried to give her pill ( she is a FIGHTER) now I am scratched and bleeding...but I got some of it down her.. she has peed everywhre in my house ( I shampooed the carptes 3 weeks ago... they were so CLEAN) .. so I am going to wait 2 more days til her antbx are in her before I shampoo the carpet again but it's driving me crazy... I have chased after her cleaning up her messes but honestly she can pee faster than I can clean The vet said she won't use the litter box b/c it will "soil" the litter box ... so in the meantime I am liviing in cat pee prison... Ican't wait till she gets her last pill and I can SHAMPOO ALL MY CARPETS and my linens ( she likes my comforter) so I just threw it on the floor for her ( since its already soiled)... I just HATE this b/c I consider my house to be a CLEAN house that does not smell like I have a cat ( if you know what i mean)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 05-12-2007, 01:57 PM   #2
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,642 Times in 7,044 Posts
Have you ever had a bladder infection? They are very painful and you have this horrible urge to pee frequently. That is what is happening to the kitty. Hopefully the antibiotics will work soon! Poor kitty!

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 02:28 PM   #3
aineepooh1
Working the Gusset

Nope~ I haven't just urinary tract but thats what other people have told me that you have the urge to pee RIGHT NOW all the time~!
Old 05-12-2007, 02:30 PM   #4
Nobones
Turning the Heel

Send a message via MSN to Nobones
My Buffy cat had this TWICE!! I felt so sorry for her because she was in such discomfort. She's such a clean cat normaly. I know it's annoying that she's peeing every where but she doesn't do mean to upset you. You getting annoyed with her could make her feal a little on edge.

Buffy seemed better a couple of days after the drugs kicked in.

Hang in there it won't go on for ever, at least you can wash it out at the end.

( For your cat from Buffy)

My dress & costume making website-
www.gothwardian.co.uk

'Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work'. -Aristotle

Nobones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 04:30 PM   #5
jdee
Working the Gusset

I'm so sorry you're kitty is sick. Thank God, I've never had one with a bladder infection, but I think it's fairly common, and he should be ok soon.

My cats are my babies, and I'm always a basket case when one of them is sick. Hang in there. It'll be ok. I've used a product called Nature's Miracle on pee spots before, and it seems to work well. It may take a few applications, but it always got the smell out for me. I used it when I clean the litter boxes in between dirt changings.

Visit my blog at www.jdeeannsblog@blogspot.com
Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew as steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10
jdee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 09:04 PM   #6
misha rf

Nature's Miracle is fab.

My baby had one a few months ago. He scared me--he was squatting in the litterbox like he was poo'ing, but only a teeny tiny amount came out. Blockages in male cats can be fatal in a short period of time. We got him on antibiotics & he was better almost immediately.

And I can relate to the catching/bloodletting/carrier thing. Towels are a good thing. So are really heavy gloves.

Old 05-13-2007, 06:01 AM   #7
Nobones
Turning the Heel

Send a message via MSN to Nobones
Originally Posted by jdee
My cats are my babies, and I'm always a basket case when one of them is sick. .
Like wise. Buffy is my girl, and I worry so much when she is poorly. Hubby does too. I don't like it when I haven't seen her for hours either, she's a very clingy cat and doesn't like being away from us for long.

for cats.

My dress & costume making website-
www.gothwardian.co.uk

'Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work'. -Aristotle

Nobones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 07:12 AM   #8
HamburgKnitter
Knitting the Flap

Sorry that your cat is sick. Try not to blame her for it (I know it can be hard, I have cats myself) - she can't help her behavior.

I disagree a bit with what your vet says. I think if a cat finds it painful to pee, he/she avoids the litterbox because that is the place that he/she associates with pain. So she might pee in other places for a little while after the infection has cleared up...until peeing doesn't hurt anymore. You can probably help her by putting a second catbox in a new place for a little while because she won't associate THAT catbox with pain.

I had alot of bladder infections as a kid and they hurt ALOT. I hope kitty is feeling better soon!

Still trying to convince Henry the cat that knitting is a spectator sport!
HamburgKnitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 08:08 AM   #9
larudden
Knitting the Flap

Poor kitty! I hope she's ok real fast.

I've been dealing with a 7 mo. old pug in heat these past three days so I know ALL ABOUT the cleaning up after them thing. What a PITA!
Attached Images:

larudden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 12:45 PM   #10
KnittingNat
Instepping Out

Hang in there...It is very painful to pee with bladder infections and i hope your kitty gets well soon
KnittingNat is offline   Reply With Quote