Old 03-10-2007, 01:01 PM   #1
Friskums

KH Widdle Mini Sock Swap
Alrighty, folks. For those that expressed interest and those who didn't but would still like to join, I present you with the KH Widdle Mini Sock Swap!

Requirements of joining: Be a Knitting Help forum member. Other than that, all bets are off. Since the socks are so small they will hardly weigh anything. I bet I've sent and received letters that were heavier. Because of that it shouldn't take more than one regular stamp to mail them. And because of that, this is an international swap! No need for post office hassle. No need for finding packaging or wrapping. Just stick a stamp on it and go! (Ok, ok, if you make a bigger size, you might need two stamps.)

Hesitant to join because you've never made socks before? Well, use this as a practice run! The point is certainly not to make perfect little socks; it's to be silly and have a quick and painless sock swap.

Signups will be open from March 11 (07) to March 23 (07).
Partners will be notified no later than March 26.
Socks should be mailed when done.
This swap will end on April 23 (07). That is 28 days of sock swapping goodness. Since they're so small, that should be plenty of time to get at least one sock done and mailed out. If you will not be able to complete your sock, let me know ASAP. Life happens, and things come up, so please don't feel bad about it. Just let me know so I can get it taken care of.

I encourage everyone to use a card, or a piece of paper, and put your name, KH name, and email address (and blog if you have one) in the envelope with your sock. Once you receive the envelope, I would very much like you to send your partner an email that you have gotten your socks. Or post on here. Or let me know. I will be keeping track of everyone who signs up and who has or hasn't gotten a sock. Again, I know life happens unexpectedly, but it sucks to wait and wonder.

Widdle Mini Sock Swap Questionnaire:

Copy/paste the following questionnaire into a PM to me.

1. Name (first and last)
2. Shipping address
3. Email address
4. Are you allergic to any fibers?
5. Color preference?
6. Would you like multiple swap partners? If so, how many max? (2, 3, 4, etc)
7. Are you willing to mail internationally?

(Color preference is only a suggestion. Please note there is nothing requiring you to use that color. For example, I have very limited colors where socks are concerned since I don't have many skeins of sock yarn. But, if I have a color my partner would prefer, I will use that.)

Once I have everyones information, I will be using spreadsheets and a random sequence generator to partner people up.
You can choose to remain a secret from your pal (if you want an anonymous email let me know and I will send you an invite from gmail), or let them know up front. Either way, I think we're going to have a LOT of fun!

Please use this pattern (fingering weight) or this one (fingering or DK weight) as a guideline for the sock. If you want to pretty it up with fancy colors or stitches, be my guest! If you have questions, feel free to post here. I also suggest taking a look at Silver's Sock Class (scroll down to the bottom) or Denise's Toe-up Sock Tutorial.

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 03-10-2007, 02:18 PM   #2
*KnitPixie*
Turning the Heel

If we were to pick multiple partners how many people approx would we be required to knit for :?eyebrow:

We could learn a lot from crayons:some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names,
and all are different colors....
but they all exist very nicely in the same box.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*KnitPixie* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 02:24 PM   #3
Friskums

It depends on how many people want multiple partners. If you just want to have 2, for example, I'd pair you up with two other people who want more than one.

If there aren't enough people who want to do multiples, I will probably just drop it.

I know I'm interested in it, and Silver said she wouldn't mind, so there's two.
Old 03-10-2007, 03:18 PM   #4
*KnitPixie*
Turning the Heel

I would be interested but I may only be able to make 2 or 3 thats why I was worried we would be required to make tons more...to many projects so little time xxx

We could learn a lot from crayons:some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names,

Old 03-10-2007, 03:51 PM   #5
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,642 Times in 7,044 Posts
What is the point of these little socks?

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 03:55 PM   #6
*KnitPixie*
Turning the Heel

Keychains.. Cute little keychains well thats what im making!

Old 03-10-2007, 04:59 PM   #7
monzogary
Knitting the Flap

This sounds a little silly, but it also sounds like a boatload of fun!
I'm in!
Old 03-10-2007, 05:21 PM   #8
Friskums

Originally Posted by *KnitPixie*
I would be interested but I may only be able to make 2 or 3 thats why I was worried we would be required to make tons more...to many projects so little time xxx
Nope, just whatever you want to do.

I was planning on using the little socks as keychains too. But, really, there's no "point" per se, to the swap. Just a little silly fun. :D
Old 03-10-2007, 06:50 PM   #9
kristinw
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by Jan in CA
What is the point of these little socks?
This lists a bunch of uses - although a few of them are quite silly!

My knitting blog: The Knit of It

I'm kristin on
kristinw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 07:15 PM   #10
Angelia

I'm in!!! I'm in!!!