Old 05-17-2007, 08:26 AM   #1
figaro
Working the Gusset

OT-A wild turkey and some sad news....
I am sitting here at the desk, 8 am reading the paper with the window behind me open for some fresh cold (it has been in the low 80's here for 2 days) air when I hear a turkey gobble! I turn around and there is a wild turkey standing on the edge of the yard and the trees, I tell my daughters to go look quietly and they ask what it is so I tell them it is a wild turkey. My dog who is still in the kennel UNDERSTANDS me and barks, the turkey leaves when he hears the bark. And because I could not see the camera within a foot of that window (:rollseyes, I missed my photo op!

And on a sad note, I think my cat heard the robin's nest being attacked last night.... I left the window open in the bedroom, hubby just got a plane to Holland for a week and the cat is hearing something out the window. I have heard of bear being in the area so I was a little nervous. Then this morning I go out to see how the 3 babies are doing in the rhododendrons off of the porch and the nest was ripped in half . The babies had just hatched this week so they were tiny little things, and now that I look out the window, the momma and daddy are not in the yard looking for food for them:crying:.

Poor little babies but I hope the turkey comes back...

figaro
and also on Plurk

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

figaro is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 05-17-2007, 09:10 AM   #2
stitchwitch
Working the Gusset

Turkeys are neat. We have alot of them up around my place in Tennessee. I love the little babies, all furry and spotted, just the cutest little things. Maybe this site will help you get over the loss of your nest. http://www.birds.cornell.edu/birdhouse/nestboxcam/ lots of momma birds and babies!
Old 05-17-2007, 09:50 AM   #3
beckyrhae
Turning the Heel

Ooo... baby barn owls! So cute!

Sorry about the baby robins... my cat loves to catch birds and set them free in our house... grrrrr

The Knitting Barista

The Sheeps Tale

KnittingBarista on Ravelry
beckyrhae is offline   Reply With Quote