This pattern is one of the surprises from the most recent knitty. The link can be found here
. You might remember my Green Gable saga
with the revenge of the dye lots a few weeks back. This is what I started making instead. It has gone really fast, despite being stockinette NOT in the round - wow, I am sure not used to all that purling!
I've alternated dye lots every couple of inches, which you can't really see all that well in the pictures but it's actually a really nice subtle stripe effect. I am SO happy with how the picot hem came out too, I had my doubts but I sewed it one stitch at a time (170 stitches, again...
), it took me a good 45 minutes or so, but it was so worth it.
Next, I've started on the i-cord for the applied i-cord tie/neckband, then I'll go back and do the sleeves and weave in ends and it will be done. It is a VERY straight forward, easy to follow pattern.