Old 05-23-2007, 11:05 PM   #1
auburnchick
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 2,085 Times in 1,688 Posts
OT - Lost Finale
Ok people...what did you think???

Looks like it probably won't be coming back next season, the way they ended things. Interesting...

Writing, to me, is simply thinking through my fingers. -- Isaac Asimov
auburnchick is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 05-23-2007, 11:13 PM   #2
BostonBecca
Turning the Heel

They already announced that there will be two more seasons.

It seems as if that was supposed to be the future after they were rescued at the end of the show and for all of Jack's segments off island. However, I don't think that was an accurate future, or if it is, Jack goes back to the island to kick some more butt.

Holy heck, they kicked the Others around this episode. I personally think the people from Naomi's boat come on the island and are bad and Jack and the Losties have to fight them and the Others have to fight the Boaties as well.

I also think the Lost producers are using alternate timelines and Jack's flashes to the future in this episode were the future if they do leave the island now but not what will happen.

KnittingDefender on Ravelry.

BostonBecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 11:13 PM   #3
brendajos
Grafting the Toe

Location: Going through your stash...pay no attention over here
Send a message via Yahoo to brendajos
i don't watch but they came out a few weeks ago saying that there are 48 more episodes over the next 3 years. 16 episodes per season and i believe they said they will run them straight through without any repeats between.
Old 05-24-2007, 12:13 AM   #4
IrishKnitter
Instepping Out

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!

I was SO shocked when KATE got out of the car and met Jack. What a CRAZY episode!!!! Hurley to the rescue!

And Charlie! I hope he's not really gone...I like him! But I was confused...why did he shut the door? Why couldn't he and Desmond just swim to safety?

I can't believe we have to wait until January for next season!
IrishKnitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 07:44 AM   #5
auburnchick
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 2,085 Times in 1,688 Posts
I did not know about the new seasons. Thanks for the info. I'll pass it along to my family!

Writing, to me, is simply thinking through my fingers. -- Isaac Asimov
auburnchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 09:03 AM   #6
figaro
Working the Gusset

I loved this episode!! Way to go Hurley with the VW bus! I also felt sorry for him, Sawyer was the second person in 2 episodes to say something negative about his weight.

Its about time that the Losties kicked butt with those Others, and the guy the Sawyer shot, well that man just deserved what he got! And then when Jack went off on Ben, well ! That guy really deserved that! But it looks like he (Ben) may have been telling the truth about the Boaties. It does look like they have traded the badness of the Others for the badness of the Boaties.

Anyone figure out who died? The only one we know it wasn't is Kate, it could be Sawyer but with Kate saying "I have to get back to HIM" makes me think that maybe she at least stayed with Sawyer? Maybe its Sayid? Maybe its John? I dunno...?

In my little humble opinion, I thought it was a very good episode, one that left with you with a lot of questions and anticipating the next years season.

figaro
and also on Plurk

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

figaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 09:47 AM   #7
Silver
Instepping Out

Personally I think Lost keeps getting better and better. There was a time at the begining of this season that I almost didn't want to watch anymore. It felt like the story was going no where. But I'm so glad I stuck with it. It's getting so much better.

There are THREE more seasons then it will end. I think next season will focus around what happened after they got off the island, then the story will lead to them trying to get back, maybe successfully?

I'm thinking the funeral was Ben's. Or Jacob's? And I think Kate is living with Sawyer.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I will bet that after Lost is all over, it will come out that Stephen King is a writer for the show. This story has Stephen King written all over it.

Silver's Sock Classes
Shop: On The Town Knitting Bags, hand made elegant small project bags.
My Blog, Write | KBelle on Ravelry | ComeToSilver on Plurk | Puppies, Jinx & Hex Photos & Videos
Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 10:00 AM   #8
Chel
Turning the Heel

My take...
Okay, I am obsessed with LOST, so here is my take on the finale. (I even put down my knitting to watch it. Now THATS devotion!!!

First off, YAY for HURLEY. I love his character. I am glad that he proved that they were underestimating him all the time. For all his softness he is a strong character.

Jack...I was very surprised when it turned out to be Kate that Jack met at the airport. The fact that she didn't want to see him indicates that something really happened to pull them apart. I think the HE that she had to bet back to is Sawyer. I think the HE who's funeral only Jack attended was Bens. I mean think about it. He lied to and betrayed everyone he knew-even his own? But at the same time it was Ben telling Jack that the boaties were bad and that they needed to stay on the island. Now future Jack's life has fallen apart and all he can think about is how they should be back on the island and how they never should have left-exactly Bens sentiments.

Charlie... I really don't care for his character except for his relationship with Claire. His redemption is that he gave his life to save Claire and Aaron as well as the rest of the Losties. I think he could have left the room and escaped with Desmond, but the reason he didn't lies in the fact that he didn't want to change Desmond's vision because if he did Claire and Aaron wouldn't be rescued. He believed he HAD to die. Also, if Desmond had come into the room and drowned himself, who would have carried the message back to Jack that the Boaties were NOT sent by Penny Widmore?
Everything Charlie did, he did to save Claire and Aaron.

Kate... She just makes me angry. I am glad that after they were rescued she got some good conditioner and a flat iron, but that doesn't change the fact that she used Sawyer. Grrrrrrrrr.

Ben... what a lying manipulative cheat!!! If that was him in that coffin, I'm glad.

No... I'm not taking a TV show too seriously.

OTN: Jaywalkers (hibernating), Webs Scarf
KnitInNature
Chel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 10:54 AM   #9
feministmama
Instepping Out

Originally Posted by Chel View Post
if Desmond had come into the room and drowned himself, who would have carried the message back to Jack that the Boaties were NOT sent by Penny Widmore?
So I don't get this part. Why was penny on the screen? Why do they think it's penny's boat? And why are the boaties bad? I'm so confused?

And then that guy Richard, he was one of the original others right? I mean he was the one to convince Ben to mutiney against the Dharma group. So how did Ben become the leader and not Richard? And why does Richard want to mutiney against Ben? I mean I think its great that Ben's people are all doubting him now.

And that whole thing with Joshua. I think Ben made him up and is messing with everyone's mind but then John could hear him and it blew Ben's mind.

And where is Micheal? Why was his son (forgot his name) there in the pit with John? Was it a dream? And why does he think the boaties are bad? WHy did he try to stop Jack from making the call?

I think it was John Lock in the coffin. Jack touched the coffin like he missed theperson in it. If it were Ben in there I don't think Jack would be so touchy feely about it. So I think it was John. Or maybe it was someone like ROse. I mean she has cancer and all. Maybe Bernard dies on the island or something. And the death announcement was real small so it wasn't someone big.

Yeah I watch too much TV:rollseyes:
-That's OK, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway....
-I'm not afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens.
Reading: Barbara Kingsolver
Knitting: socks

I'm Femmy on Ravelry
feministmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 11:00 AM   #10
BostonBecca
Turning the Heel

I think "Walt" was a manifestation of the "monster" on the island (the black smoke thing). It manifests itself into people, it did it with Ben's mother before and someone else as well. It tests people and had already tested and approved of John.

You guys should check out lostpedia. It will suck so much time out of your life.

KnittingDefender on Ravelry.

BostonBecca is offline   Reply With Quote