I know we already have another swap going on but I was considering a swap of a different sort.
I have been thinking about designing some patterns lately, for submission to Knitty or Magknits or just for fun. Part of what makes the prospect so daunting for me is test knitting to check for pattern errors or just poor grammer such as run-on sentences because anyone who knows me, like friends, or family, of course my family knows me, I don't mean to imply that they don't, except for that one uncle I don't remember, but my mom swears I was at his wedding...wait. Where was I? Oh yeah... ANYWAY...
I was thinking of having a Design Demo Swap. This is how it would play out...
- Everyone involved in the swap would design and knit a pattern.
- They would then send the item they knit and pattern they wrote to Recipient # 1.
- Recipient # 1 then knits the pattern themselves, critiques the pattern and checks for errors.
- Once done, Pecipient # 1 would forward the item THEY knitted from the pattern, the pattern itself and their notes to Recipient # 2. The item Recipient # 1 received from the designer is theirs to keep.
- Recipient # 2 would knit the same pattern adding to the notes and critique from Recipient # 1.
- Recipient # 2 would get to keep the knitted item they received from Reciprient # 1. (but it would be nice to take pics for the designer)
- They would then send the item they created from the pattern back to the designer with the notes, so the designer can correct the pattern.
I would estimate this to be a 3 month swap. One month to knit each pattern.
I would also say items should be kept small to avoid NWS (Nikki Wrist Syndrome
) Some suggestions might be dishcloths, felted bowls, small purses, socks, scarves, gloves, etc...
So, is anyone interested?